PDA

View Full Version : Tranny oil?

4x4_war
11-16-2009, 07:43 PM
i hav a 95 300ex and was wondering if there was a seperate fill hole for the tranny fluid, because i've heard them both ways, one that the engine and tranny are seperate holes, and 2 they are the same hole and the engine oil goes into the tranny. i was wondering what kind of oil to put in the engine also. THX much!

fmftrx300ex
11-23-2009, 07:55 PM
10w 40 and it shares oil tranny and engine

Big_Guy_Green
12-01-2009, 11:16 AM
I know 2 strokes ran a tranny fluid, like the 250r and such. As far as 4 strokes however, I've only ever seen where the tranny and engine share fluid.

One thing to make sure of is to make certain the oil your using is rated for a wet clutch! A lot of companies are making oils specially formulated for ATV's and motorcycles. I personally run Valvoline 10W-40 non-synthetic. It's about $2.50 per quart, so it runs me less than $10 per change with filter. http://www.valvoline.com/products/consumer-products/motor-oil/motorcycle-atv-oil/15

I know some people swear by synthetics, and I have nothing against them other than price. One thing to remember is if you start using synthetic, your seals will get conditioned to it and you'll need to keep using it. My buddy found that out the hard way in a Honda 185S.