PDA

View Full Version : Gatorback Cycle park in FL?

jrspawn
11-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Just wanted to see if Gatorback is open for practice year round? Or open for practice at all? Im wanting to head down south for a road trip soon and i always liked the track when i ran nationals there.

Tthank you
Justin

coile33
11-16-2009, 07:24 PM
stop in ga. and ride

ex kid
11-17-2009, 06:21 AM
check out this track!

http://www.paxtraxmx.com/

ATPRacing36
11-17-2009, 06:32 AM
Gatorback has never been open publicly for practice year round. They have always only had select events there. After a rider died there at a national they have not had anymore ATV events to my knowledge. I have heard of some dirtbike FTR and Gold Cup events there and thats it.

However, FL has a great MX series SSQSA that runs through out the winter all over the state. www.ssqsa.com and they have day memberships. Also we have MANY tracks down here to choose from. The SSQSA race at Reddick will be in January and that is an EXCELLENT track. Some would argue that it is the best track in FL. She is actually hoping to get a national there.

Mrs. SFRacing
11-17-2009, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by coile33
stop in ga. and ride Yea stop and ride with Mr. Coile....sf

coile33
11-17-2009, 07:10 PM
hella ,sf, come on down , ain't snowin here!

gcart2
11-17-2009, 07:43 PM
where you headin in florida?

there are a couple good ones, none i would drive more than two hours for though. its sad.

motofreak2772
11-18-2009, 02:07 PM
you kidding, thundercross, old amp extreme, motoplex(kinda), and lake city(since its new and I have never ridden) are all worth two hour drives. Reddick most deffinatley too but they dont have practice either.

gcart2
11-18-2009, 06:54 PM
reddick was great until they added the half mile of whoops. i hate that place now.

old amp was the best track i have ever riddin, yet it is, you guessed it. gone. (actually its being used as ones private track).

never caught thundercross. jessica eidner's pictures looked cool though.

dan harris
11-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by ex kid
check out this track!

http://www.paxtraxmx.com/ That paxtrax looks totally awesome? Any idea if they allow quads? I couldn't tell from their site. I know alot of tracks in Florida don't allow quads.

ATPRacing36
11-19-2009, 11:30 AM
Yes but you pay 30.00 (20.00 + 10.00 for day membership) to practice 15 minutes an hour, as of the last time I was there. it's been a while.

motofreak2772
11-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by dan harris
That paxtrax looks totally awesome? Any idea if they allow quads? I couldn't tell from their site. I know alot of tracks in Florida don't allow quads.
yeah they allow quads. Its alright, a lot of people like it but its real tight with a bunch of small tables and I heard the track is actually cement with dirt on top? idrk if thats true or not though. I over jumped a table and landed at the lip of the next table there lol. luckily I cased the bottom or it would have been a lot worse haha. If they widened the track I think it could be raceable.

dan harris
11-19-2009, 05:24 PM
pics on their website make it look pretty killer to me. If you haven't been there in a while you may want to check it out. As a track owner, I know tracks change alot. Usually for the better ! I'm gonna look into making a trip there this winter from Breezewood PA to do some quad riding.

ex kid
11-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by dan harris
pics on their website make it look pretty killer to me. If you haven't been there in a while you may want to check it out. As a track owner, I know tracks change alot. Usually for the better ! I'm gonna look into making a trip there this winter from Breezewood PA to do some quad riding.

yea they allow quads. Borich rides there alot. last winter I saw Goodman there as well. it's a really awsome track and they have night riding!