PDA

View Full Version : yfz r fouling plugs

yamahahaha
11-16-2009, 06:04 PM
???

paintthrower00
11-17-2009, 09:53 AM
do you have an optimizer? you need to get an optimizer because you have an exhaust and a filter that. its like jeting. theres no way around it besides puting the stock stuff back on. i did the same with my raptor 700. it fouled plugs till got it right. plus it will run a lot better oonce you get one that is mapped correctly.

yamahahaha
11-18-2009, 09:38 PM
but i put the stock back on for winter and it ran twice then has fouled a plug, one at dealership and another one after that

paintthrower00
11-19-2009, 07:10 AM
You put both the stock air filter and exhaust back on for winter? Because if you only did
the exhaust it could still foul them

john phillips
11-22-2009, 08:46 AM
Mine was doing the same thing.I have a Rossier pipe,fuel customs filter and adapter and a pc5.I had the map from Rossier and it would foul the plugs alot.I put a GYTR map from dyno jet and it is alot better.Throttle response is way better and no fouled plugs yet.Runs better all the way through.

yamaha_maniack
12-04-2009, 11:18 AM
yeah mine is all stock (as well as intake and exhaust) and this last weekend (finishing up break in) i started it in the morning and loaded it on the trailer, but when i unloaded it to start riding the plug fouled. brand new, all stock. i dont know why for sure though.

Hasnt done it since so im not sure..

what fuel controller/map would you suggest i get for when i do upgrade the intake and or pipe?

thanks

john phillips
12-04-2009, 05:49 PM
I run the dyno jet pcv.Very happy with it.The map I run is one from the dyno jet website.Free downloads.You have several to choose from.Just pick the one that is the closest to what you have at the time.They even have one for stock with the air box lid off and stock silencer removed.Hope this helps.Good luck:)

yamaha_maniack
12-04-2009, 08:46 PM
alright thanks man! it really helps.. ill remember that when i go to get one.

Thanks again man