PDA

View Full Version : Banshee top end kit

IcutMetl
11-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction here. I posted a thread in the 250R forum about my riding buddy who smoked his Banshee while we were out hammering thru the cornfields last weekend. I suspect it's a top end stemming from a lean condition, but haven't even removed the first bolt yet. Either way, it's going to need a top end. Just a basic job- nothing out of this world, and he'll possibly send it out for porting. All that's done to it now is an open airbox and DMC916 exhaust. I owe him $150 or so, and was thinking of paying him back with a top end kit.

I have found a complete top end kit with all gaskets, Wiseco .030" pistons, pins, needle bearings, etc. for $175 shipped. I bought a very similar .060" over kit for my 250R and didn't pay much less than that. Or, there's a Vito's forged power piston kit for $195. As I understand it, the Vitos pistons are massaged Wisecos, correct? I'm sure I could get a kit with Pro-X or WSM pistons for $125-$170 range. There's a guy on ebay who's selling the complete kit plus bore/hone work for $275, but I would rather buy the kit and send it to the same guy who did my bore/hone/port.

My question is if you guys know of any better deals out there?

machwon
11-18-2009, 05:28 PM
I recommend you get the Wiseco pistons. They are worth the extra money in more ways than one. If you're going with porting its also not worth spending the extra $$ for Vito's power pistons.

11-18-2009, 07:13 PM
Vito's pistons can go eat dirt. Taiwanese pieces of crap. And known to break piston skirts.

Wiseco pistons are the tried and true. I will never run ANYTHING else. I've always used them, and they always last and never break.

And what jets is he running? I have 916's with an open box/K&N and im running 270's and 27.5 pilots. He should be around 280's.