PDA

View Full Version : magura clutches

MADHATTER
01-16-2003, 08:41 PM
i have a magura hydraulic clutch, and one of the o-rings in the slave cylinder went bad. does anybody know how to get parts for this thing? i've tried to get in touch with magura and can not get any help, and none of the dealers i have contacted can seem to get any parts for this thing. any suggestions??

d-14 rider 27
01-16-2003, 09:58 PM
if its just a o-ring, go to a parts store with the bad one and try to match one up.

exriderdude
01-17-2003, 07:52 AM
the only way i can help you ----> www.magura.com

Colby@C&DRacing
01-17-2003, 08:11 AM
I sell alot of the magura clutchs. I also have worked with them many times on parts. In the book they do not list parts to rebuild the slave cylinder only the master but I will call them asap and get back to you. You will also need a bleed kit when you are done to bleed the sytem

QuadRacer041
01-19-2003, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
I sell alot of the magura clutchs. I also have worked with them many times on parts. In the book they do not list parts to rebuild the slave cylinder only the master but I will call them asap and get back to you. You will also need a bleed kit when you are done to bleed the sytem

i am having the same problem with my slave leaking too, if you could call them and find out what to do that would be great.
thanks

MADHATTER
01-19-2003, 06:18 PM
its a wierd o-ring, i havent looked at it in while, but if memory serves, its kind of a square shaped o-ring.

QuadRacer041
01-19-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by MADHATTER
its a wierd o-ring, i havent looked at it in while, but if memory serves, its kind of a square shaped o-ring.

yea your right, i took it apart and never saw an o ring like that, so i put it back together

01-19-2003, 08:28 PM
IF C&D CAN'T HELP YOU TAKE THE O-RING DOWN TO NAPA. they should be able to help you.

QuadRacer041
01-20-2003, 03:36 PM
well, i called magura about the leak and they told me they dont offer a rebuid kit for the slave cyl(i think thats bs, they should), so i had to order a whole new slave($50.00) and the guy tried to tell me a needed there bleeding kit($12.00), i dont think i needed it but i didnt want to relize i did later.i took it all apart yesterday and but i back together and bleed it with out any kit and i was fine it just leaked, so.............
ill let you know how i make out when i get it, probably thrusday it will be here.

RideRed04
01-20-2003, 09:19 PM
Seems to be a common problem...how long have you guys been using these, and under what conditions?

QuadRacer041
01-21-2003, 03:28 AM
welli got got the bike used and it came on it, but ill be using it for xc racin, ill let you know how it works when its fixed.