PDA

View Full Version : First time Boat Owner...

tri5ron
11-16-2009, 12:23 PM
He just bought a new boat and decided to take her for the maiden voyage. This was his first boat and he wasn't quite sure of the exact Standard Operating Procedures for launching it off a ramp, but figured it couldn't be too hard.
He consulted his local boat dealer for advice, but they just said "don't let the trailer get too deep when you are trying to launch the boat". Well, he didn't know what they meant by that as he could barely get the trailer in the water at all! Anyhow, here's a picture below.

You're gonna love this guy!!!

Folks, you just can't make this stuff up!

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/boatlaunchnewb.jpg

flammable
11-16-2009, 12:25 PM
wow............just wow

gcart2
11-16-2009, 12:52 PM
that seems like a rough day you know it?

Zakradu398
11-16-2009, 12:57 PM
ahh, memories. Used to love just sitting down my dads marina watching people launch their boats. It's pretty hilarious.

Guy400
11-16-2009, 01:13 PM
I'm hoping the reality of this story is that he got out of the truck with it accidentally in neutral or something and not that he intentionally drove straight into the water :D

tri5ron
11-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
I'm hoping the reality of this story is that he got out of the truck with it accidentally in neutral or something and not that he intentionally drove straight into the water :D either way, his brilliance is still questionable :D

slightlybent47
11-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by tri5ron
either way, his brilliance is still questionable :D

Come on now fess up, thats your truck!!!

IcutMetl
11-16-2009, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Zakradu398
ahh, memories. Used to love just sitting down my dads marina watching people launch their boats. It's pretty hilarious.

I'm right with ya there...I'm no Coast Guard Captain, but it makes me feel just that much more competent watching people twice my age, most of the time with more money than brains, trying to launch their boats. 3-4 guys, all darting around a truck,boat,trailer look like a bunch of monkies humping footballs.

Was over at the local Lake Erie Island "kellys island" one night on my boat grabbing some eats with a couple friends. Watched a guy in a 40+ foot, brand new NorTech catamaran (stupid, stupid fast boat), attempt to back his boat away from the dock and out of the harbor. Must not have grasped that concept of using one drive in forward and the other in reverse, because he smacked that thing against the docks harder than a pimp with a hooker.

tri5ron
11-16-2009, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
Come on now fess up, thats your truck!!! Naw,... That isn't my truck.

I just saw it happen while I was sitting out on the upper deck of my boat, lounging around with the Swedish Bikini Team.
It's the one in the background to the right side of the picture.

The girls were a little upset that I was leaving them all alone for a few minutes, but I said "Hey, I wont be gone very long, and besides, it will give you girls time to get my dinner ready, and prepare to fan me with palm frawns while I eat".

So I just strolled down , and walked over to the ramp to take the pic.
:devil: :devil: :devil:

jcv400ex
11-16-2009, 06:38 PM
I like the one with the trailer still attached to the boat! didn't wanna take the time to unload it.....much easier just to unhook the trailer!

Tommy Warren
11-16-2009, 09:44 PM
another ford bites the dust!!! booya

eastcoastpro20
11-17-2009, 10:07 AM
the best day where im from is after ski day or thunder on the ohio, everybody gets drunk and trys to load there boats, its hilarious and half of em couldnt load the boat if they were sober

F-16Guy
11-18-2009, 09:25 AM
Maybe his boat has as many problems as mine, and he decided to end it all. I feel like driving in truck-first sometimes.:mad: