PDA

View Full Version : winter racing in ohio ?

ward27
11-16-2009, 10:05 AM
does anyone have info on indoor racing in ohio this winter or near by?

cmitchell79
11-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Earlywine Indoor MX in Maysville, KY
www.earlywineracing.com

snowfighter
11-16-2009, 03:46 PM
www.americanmx.com and www.hotrodsmxracing.com most of the racing takes place in jackson ohio. you can leave your rv/camper on site for the series and only 15 bucks a night for power when you stay

Logan #34's Dad
11-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Hey Wardo! Well, the CRA races the Summit (Summit County Fairgrounds) Indoors in January sometime. There is always a good turnout for our mini's.
There is an indoor arena around the Akron area called RamJam.

snowfighter
11-16-2009, 09:34 PM
also like the other fella said earlywines is a super nice facility went last year was awsome and it is quads only so in and out fast they race bikes on different weekends.

cant vouch for cra stuff nvr been, not sure why we have not went north!!!
thought about it a few times im just tired of buying cards grrrr.

fasttraxx in nelsonville,ohio has a races this weekend "sunday" mini quads start at 9 so be there at 8
www.fasttraxxracing.com

rocky if you havent been i bet your boy would enjoy it, the gp's are quite fun.

Logan #34's Dad
11-16-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm not seeing anything about the indoor area.

Nelsonville is only about 2 hours away. Might have to check it out.
The only problem with the Summit Indoors is that the track is quite small. Two lane track so hole shot is a must.

Ryko racing
11-17-2009, 08:11 AM
The only problem with CRA is that they run their own rules and they do not mirror atva rules.

there are a few races in ohio. We need somewhere to race as Pro source is gone but dont feel like arguing the rules every race.

i think some races run mini quad open so you can race mods.

Earlywines seem to have the best class selection but its a haul from Detroit.

ward27
11-17-2009, 04:45 PM
rocky if u get dates i will bring kodi up

snowfighter
11-17-2009, 09:27 PM
fasttraxx this weekend will be outdoors on a 1.5 mile track "i think".
if your not familiar with gp its a good combo of mx and harescramble but the harescramble portion is rather wide and and more like track than ruts through woods the kids run for 45 mins and can finish the race on 1 tank of fuel "well no one that i know of has ever ran out" its a good time i look foward to this weekend. hope to see ya there " by the way my name is tim" my boy will be on a black apex num 007. and maybe the blaster for the small bore class in the afternoon. "new motor need to try it :)"

snowfighter
11-17-2009, 09:31 PM
hey rock im not sure what way you would head down but if you do go and go through zanesville let me know you can follow us down.
i need to get hold of the jason tom and see if he and wyatt are goin

Logan #34's Dad
11-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Hello Tim, We won't be able to make it this weekend. We are in full swing with wrestling now. It will soon be time to tear them down and make them all pretty again.

dazed&confused
11-18-2009, 08:38 AM
the summit races won't be posted for a while but they run one session in jan.,one in feb. they run fri,sat,sun with practice on thurs.

it is a fun track but like Rocky said ,the holeshot is a must ,not much room to pass.

RamJams is lorain OH, about 1 hr 20 mins north west of Akron,no races but a great practice track . they have a website just google ramjams sports complex . also you can check out the dates for the summit races they will post them on there website ,google COMPETITION RIDERS OF AMERICA.

snowfighter
11-18-2009, 05:32 PM
well rock if this rain continues we wont be runin the mini anyway.we are not fair weather riders but not gona tear it up for giggles. we will still go to run the 300 class, if i can get his supermini runin"needs stator installed" i may take it and let him thrash it in the morn

ToddL
12-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Summit Dates are posted:
Jan 15,16,17 and Feb 26, 27, 28.
Nice facility, tight track. Lots of fun though.
Saturday night is a mob !

Also NEMX in Andover is having racing again on Jan 10 and Feb 7. Very tight track, but another nice facility.

zach R 7x
12-07-2009, 05:07 AM
Todd,
are you thinking of coming to Ohio in jan for the summit indoors?

did you get that chain thing figured out?

Tim

ToddL
12-07-2009, 05:35 AM
yup we will be there Tim- unless it's a blizzard :)

you guys should come over to NEMX on the 10th.
we should be there too...

still working on chain - got busy and didn't get a chance
to call yet. will try tonight.

zach R 7x
12-07-2009, 08:02 AM
Todd, thats awesome! will be nice to see some new competition at the indoors,plus i will be curious to see that quad of yours . i have heard alot about it. later; Tim

Ryko racing
12-07-2009, 10:48 AM
We are planning on bringing the Cobra Gang down from Michigan
as long as we dont have another blizzard.
( Korodys,Szymborskis, Sepesi, Huchinsons, Woodburys), there should be some great racing in the mini jr and mini sr classes.

Can we run a 90 mod JB IN JR WOODS CLASS???

Logan #34's Dad
12-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Ryko racing
We are planning on bringing the Cobra Gang down from Michigan
as long as we dont have another blizzard.
( Korodys,Szymborskis, Sepesi, Huchinsons, Woodburys), there should be some great racing in the mini jr and mini sr classes.

Can we run a 90 mod JB IN JR WOODS CLASS???

Make sure a couple of those mentioned don't whine about a cvt running with them Cobra's. :devil:

Reference the JB in Jr. Woodsman: I'd contact the cra yourself and get a written approval before you drive all the way from Michigan. They seem to be a little forgiving on the rules for Summit though.
Hope to see you there.

Ryko racing
12-07-2009, 11:22 AM
i think it was a different person you are referring to, troy and i wanted to mix the class 2 yrs ago.

Logan #34's Dad
12-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Oh there's one name you mention that was not so happy.

ToddL
12-07-2009, 11:42 AM
it would be great to have some good competition there.
I'd check with CRA first though like Rocky said.
Tight track so not so much of a difference, just have to
be good in the corners, cause there's a lot of 'em :)
We just want to get seat time and see how the quad runs
going into next season. Great atmosphere there - the kids
will have a blast.
Todd

zach R 7x
12-07-2009, 02:43 PM
i was recently told that the indoors series is being run by a new person this year. still a CRA sanction event but everybody knows that the track owners will bend rules to keep #'s up.

correct me if i am wrong Rocky,but i think Jeremy Ladonne (sp) ran his mod in jr woodsman last year,and i do believe he won!

Ryko, i almost guarentee you will get flack from somebody at this race,more than likely with your cobras not the mod,jmho.

Ryko racing
12-07-2009, 03:26 PM
I dont even want to come down and fight but the kids want to race and we have no track.

Ryan says he doesnt care if they whine it will just motivate him more, ( he said he is used to it here locally). Ijust dont want to bring the kids into a BAD ENVIRONMENT, its too bad that parents would rather win than have competition but thats how it is.

I will see if everyone wants to come down. Do you think they would run a 90 mod class if we brought 4 or 5 riders? I would hate to drive all that wy to run 1 class.

Logan #34's Dad
12-07-2009, 03:48 PM
It will not be a bad environment, everyone is there to get some track time in the cold weather. Worst thing that may happen is they do not score your points toward the CRA credit BUT they will most likely give your rider the award for whatever place they get.
I know Jeremy ran his Cobra the previous year.
I think I'd make contact with them 1st with your questions. Maybe an e-mail so when you get a response you can print it and bring it along. JMO

Ryko racing
12-07-2009, 04:05 PM
thats cool.. we will try to make it.

If anyone is racing production or 90 mod next year i have 2 race ready national level cobras to sell that can win... ANYWHERE

the 90 mod has a honda cr 85 engine.

these are plus 2 w moto woz and eveything top notch.

I WAS ASKING 7500 EACH I WILL TAKE $ 6000 A PIECE.

I ALSO HAVE SPARE RACE READY MOTORS FOR BOTH AT ADD COST.

mini racer #39
12-07-2009, 04:08 PM
Scott give me a call maybe its not to far for us to drive. Erik needs seat time on the mod + the CVT's need to be ran also. How many classes do they have?
Jerry

mkeane
12-07-2009, 04:13 PM
glad to hear all the people going to race at Summit. i will be brining my 2 kids also. look forward to seeing everyone.

zach R 7x
12-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Ryko, if you are with in the rules on with your cobra's you will be fine . the reason i said that was there was somebody that ran at malvern this year on a cobra and i do believe he had a Suzuki motor in it and it ruffled some peoples feathers.

i personally don't care, and hope you and your friends come . it will give us a good idea if we are in the ball park on our new set up.
like Rocky said alot of people come for seat time and to get out in the cold winter months.

to me it would be great to see all these national kids at one of our local races.

zach R 7x
12-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by mini racer #39
Scott give me a call maybe its not to far for us to drive. Erik needs seat time on the mod + the CVT's need to be ran also. How many classes do they have?
Jerry

Jerry,
not sure were you are located at in Indiana,but the track is about 3-3.5 hrs from Ohio/Indy border via turnpike. hope you guys can make it.

Tim

mini racer #39
12-07-2009, 09:49 PM
thanks tim were 1/2 hr from ohio so after christmas we will try to make a race or to

ToddL
12-08-2009, 05:34 AM
someone new running it Tim ? Last year was our first time
and I thought it was run pretty well. Hope new folks do as well.
Like everyone says, it is really just to ride and have fun.
Tha facility is great and I didn't hear anyone complain last year.
There are a number of great vendors there, so you can also
get some good deals and advice. I know Tom has his ATV Four-Play stand there if you need help or advice.
I don't remember them running a 90 mod class, but I'd bet
if you have enough kids they would run it as a non-points
class. Tracks usually love that stuff, as it is all extra money.
Like most of us care about points in January right :) ???
Hope to see everyone there !

Ryko racing
12-08-2009, 06:47 AM
Sounds good. We dont race for points anyhow, i always figured that if you race to win, the points will come. And they dont mean anything until age 16 anyhow, then hopefully someone will write a check.

until then we just keep spending money to hang out with our kids
PRICELESS.

We will try to make it down.

I hope everyone has a MERRY CHRISTMAS.

ToddL
12-08-2009, 07:00 AM
Ryko, that's great - bring some kids down.
Travis has just moved up to the 90 so he needs to ride
against the older kids and see what he needs to do
to compete. He's only 9 and we are getting ready to run
a few of the nationals in the 90 Auto jr. class in 2010.
The more fast kids he sees, the better he will be next season.
CRA has lots of fast kids on the gate.

zach R 7x
12-08-2009, 08:19 AM
it will be interesting if all the people who are talking about going do end up going. they only run 8 on a gate. fri and sun they will run 2 heats but sat you will have to qualify to make the main for the evening events. haven't had to do that in a few years .

There are people that run for points in the CRA that will be there and take it seriously, those will be the people that may complain. speaking from experience ,the indoors series is big as far as points go in the CRA, it gives you a big boost first thing in the new year.

imho, the more the better! we will not be running for points either. but i also believe that if you are going to drive 3-4 hours and spend alot of money you are going to try and win.

DAVYS DAD
12-09-2009, 05:40 AM
Woodburys will be coming:D BUT both of my kids ride DRR:confused: we came down last year and it was a blast.I know a few of you guys and look foward to seeing you agian.

ward27
12-10-2009, 04:49 PM
well rocko the dates at summit for jan wont work but feb looks promising . kodi is racing the dwt motocross tour in arizona the 15 and 16 on jan. its time to see what west coast motocross is all about. and i dont have any dc stuff left but could get ya a deal on jb stuff though

Logan #34's Dad
12-10-2009, 11:27 PM
I wish we could get out there to give it a try. Logan is in the midst of his wrestling season and he is looking real good. Hoping to make it to the state championships. February is looking good for us as well - Hope to see you and your family there Scott.
I think I should stick with the DC stuff because that is what I've got already on the 70 and I want them to be exactly the same. Unless you can get me a REAL good deal................... :blah:

raptorobbie
12-11-2009, 08:47 AM
I'd like to try and make one of the Summit Indoor events - where are the CRA rules for mini-quads? I looked on their site - but maybe I missed it??

Thanks!

zach R 7x
12-11-2009, 02:05 PM
i do believe there on the site,go to the furthest right hand top side of the screen and there are some down loads and i think they there .
hope this helps, Tim