PDA

View Full Version : dirtbike locked up...

Krazy Kid
01-16-2003, 08:17 PM
hey my dad has an old 250 suzuki trail bike (4 stroke) dont kno tha model or anything b/c i just took a look at it earlier but it would not kick over and the clutch wouldnt engage so i got it alsl cleaned up and got it to work again but then it wouldnt kick over... i took tha kick started of and then the case but i need to kno how to break it loose or do i have to do something else... theres so many gears and things i need to kno wut to do... tx in adavance...

ridesa00400EX
01-17-2003, 09:25 AM
the sort of the same thing happend to my friend. we were riding and he crashed and he couldnt kick it over. it turned out the piston was seized so it locked up the dirtbike. hope that helps

02 Red Rider
01-17-2003, 09:28 AM
Same thing with my old KDX200 and it was a seized piston.

lil400exman
01-17-2003, 09:48 AM
take a dowel rod throuh the spark plug hole take a hammer hit until it comes loose also put some good 90 wt in there that wil help work it loose and just tap at it it will help everytime..............a dowel rod is something you can get at your local hardware shop make sure you dont get it too big for it not to be able thrugh the plug hole take a plug with ya to compare it to i do this for my r/c cars when you race you gotta do that kinda stuff...........and change the rings afterwards it can mess them up it did mine on my ol yammi.....................

Krazy Kid
01-18-2003, 01:03 PM
thanx guys it turned out it was the piston...i think im just gonna buy a new piston instead of new rings so what would be a good choice? thanks

ridesa00400EX
01-19-2003, 09:44 AM
wiseco pistons is a good choice. i was looking on their site andi didnt see anything for a 250 suzuiki trail bike. its gonna be hard to find a new piston for it. maybe the new tri-z 250 atv will have a piston tha will fit it

TRX300X
01-19-2003, 10:07 AM
What year bike is it? I rebuilt an '83 Suzuki 250 Enduro this past summer for a local here and come to find out wiseco didnt offer a piston for it and I had to go with suzuki. To make matters worse suzuki didn't have an oversize for it so I had to resleve the cylinder back to stock. Final cost was $400 parts and labor for the new top end. Not too bad I guess.

Krazy Kid
01-19-2003, 01:34 PM
a suzuki enduro... im guessing the year is late 70s early 80s not real sure.... so i should just get a new one from suzuki?

TRX300X
01-19-2003, 07:48 PM
First see if you can get the piston and rings from wiseco they will be the cheapest. If wiseco doesnt offer anything then it looks like you'll have to go with suzuki.