PDA

View Full Version : Overheating!!!!!

Chaos020610
11-16-2009, 05:15 AM
I bought my 525s in the spring and it keeps overheating. I tried to use engine ice. The problem did get better, but still not resolved can any one help?

OutlawBill
11-16-2009, 05:36 AM
http://www.ctracing.com/new_page_2.htm

coalrat
11-17-2009, 07:52 AM
Mine did it too saturday , never before though. I spray the rad out after each ride, but the main part that really needs it is were the fan is. Take the 2 screws out of the bottom of the fan or remove it all together, and spray it from the inside till its clean.

Had mine back out sunday for an hour or so, and the light stayed off, and the fan barley ran. It was clean as new after saturday's ride.

I may also mix in some water wetter since it did this.

sheriff525
11-18-2009, 10:16 PM
The coolant system also likes to trap the air so make sure you bleed it a few times. I had to lift up the front left tire and put it on a crate. I let the quad run for a while like that too until it got warm but alot of little bubbles came out. I don't run any water wetter or engine ice. I run 50/50 distilled water and coolant. Mainly because of the winters but I have not had a problem since. And also you have to make sure your rad is clean. It may look okay but really it is dirty!

step869
11-19-2009, 04:21 AM
i have a 2009 ktm300 xcw that i ran into this problem alot with beg. of season

use evans coolant you wont ever have a prob again i swear