PDA

View Full Version : ATV w/skid plate on maintenance lift

ZX11
11-15-2009, 11:44 PM
I am looking for some kind of maintenance stand. Tractor Supply has a $109 ATV/Bike jack that looks like overkill for the DS450 but might be handy for my wife's Brute Force.

Can the OEM X model skid plate handle propping the ATV up on one of those maintenance stands? I want something so that I can slip under the belly of the DS450 with all the wheels off the ground. I am tired of pushing the ATV across the garage while I lube the chain.

I don't want the skid plate bending into the lower plate of the frame from sitting on the stand.

florentino
11-16-2009, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by ZX11
I am looking for some kind of maintenance stand. Tractor Supply has a $109 ATV/Bike jack that looks like overkill for the DS450 but might be handy for my wife's Brute Force.

Can the OEM X model skid plate handle propping the ATV up on one of those maintenance stands? I want something so that I can slip under the belly of the DS450 with all the wheels off the ground. I am tired of pushing the ATV across the garage while I lube the chain.

I don't want the skid plate bending into the lower plate of the frame from sitting on the stand.
no it will not bend. you can make your own if you do welding. or you can use the dirt bike stands some guys use it, you are tired of pushing the atv. sounds overkill. i have a littel table 4x5long and 2ft high but i use this for top ends and more work. its real nice . i will put a pic.

Mr. Big Time
11-17-2009, 07:51 PM
For lubing chains i just put the very back of the swinng arm on a little jack stand....... works great

ZX11
11-18-2009, 07:24 PM
I wasn't sure of the strength of the swing arm at the very back due the cut out section and the small jackstand contact area. Thanks, I will try it. I am also looking for one of the dirtbike stands.