PDA

View Full Version : 05 Predator Seat

waloud
11-15-2009, 10:42 PM
Has anyone ever changed the seat cover and cushion on the Predator? I would like to find a gripper seat cover and some thicker foam for a little more comfortable ride.

mbellaver
11-16-2009, 07:00 AM
I bought a gripper off of e-bay thinking I could do it myself. I ended up taking the seat and cover to a upoulstry shop to put it on for two reasons:

1. The cover I bought was poorly fitted for the seat.

2. the design of the seat makes it hard to not get a wrinkle where it curves up.

If I were you, I'd find some gripper material and take the material to a shop and have them do the whole thing. It would have been cheaper for me to do it that way.

sheriff525
11-18-2009, 10:07 PM
I think I might have something for you? Where are you located? I will send you a link tommorow or so when I find it.

waloud
11-19-2009, 12:24 AM
Located in Ky. Looking to mod the seat this winter. I sat on a friends Raptor, better cushion than the Predator. I mainly ride trails, a little softer seat would be nice.

katch26
11-19-2009, 10:35 AM
maybe more and stiffer material. I know mines too soft and you kind of sink to the seat pan which is why it feels rough

sheriff525
11-19-2009, 10:41 AM
I just got an email back from XPC who customizes seats and this is what he said. I am willing to put together a "group buy" if anyone is interested. It will work for any quad or dirt bike.
I am going to mention it at polarisriders.com

PM me if you are interested!!!

They use specialty foam for the seats so that your getting what you need.

Here is what he said
"We would be more than happy to extend a “group discount” to your fellow ATV’ers in your quad forum. This is what we can do. For the we will already extend the 10% Thumper Talk discount to any of the ATV forum readers. If we get an order for a group of over 10, we will discount the seat modifications by 15%, and if the order is over 20 seats, we will discount 20%. If there are more orders than that we will talk about it then. Below is basically how the process works in general terms for each customer.

What we would do is modify the customers OEM seat to make sure the rear of the seat is wide enough to displace as much weight as possible without billowing to wide on each side. We will take each customers weight into consideration when deciding to build up your seat with comfort foam. Usually, the extra height added to a seat is not an issue if that is required by the customer. The customers inseam will factor into that as well.

Should you decide to have us modify your seat, we will consult you at the beginning of the build to get iron out your issues. Also, I have attached an order form (the order area on the site prompts us to send you this actual order form). Please be as verbose as you wish with describing issues regarding your seat modification. This form should be sent in with your seat (you may e-mail it back to us as well if you wish). website is www.xpcracing.com for further info. Our turnaround is approximately two weeks (from when we receive your seat and when we ship it back out to you) if your order form has been completed and the build has been authorized by you.

Pricing is as stated below:

Material
Colors
Options
Price

Vinyl
Single Color
Your choice of stitch colors (using your existing factory seat):
$275.00

Vinyl
Two Colors
$290.00

Performance Suede/Vinyl Combination
Two Colors
$300.00

Performance Suede
Single Color
Your choice of 6 standard colors with choice of stitch colors (using your existing factory seat):
$350.00

Thanks again for your interest in XPC, Inc. I’m sure we will be able to help out all of your comfort and aesthetic issues.

Jim H.

XPC, Inc.

Cell 714-315-4183"

hybrid.mx.11
11-22-2009, 06:31 PM
hey man i hate to say it but send me your seat and ill send me your seat and pay for shipping both ways ill do it for half of what he wants gripper top with your choice of color on sides and ill install thicker foam leme know 812 664 6058 lance
txt or call

waloud
11-25-2009, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by hybrid.mx.11
hey man i hate to say it but send me your seat and ill send me your seat and pay for shipping both ways ill do it for half of what he wants gripper top with your choice of color on sides and ill install thicker foam leme know 812 664 6058 lance
txt or call

You have any pics of your work?

katch26
11-30-2009, 12:01 PM
I pm'ed him about it and he never got back to me