PDA

View Full Version : can't catch a break..

DOUG_LONGISLAND
11-15-2009, 07:37 PM
So when I have my choke on a little bit, the quad runs fine and blah blah.

But when you when you ride it with the choke on, theres a flat spot.. fine.

Turn the choke off all the way and the bike stalls.

Why? I turned the idle up and the same thing happens. What's the deal

TRXRacer1
11-15-2009, 07:47 PM
You did the only 2 things you can do to mask up a problem at the same time, nice work!

Something is plugged up. Take it all the way down and do a thorough cleaning. Post up your full jetting specs too when you're done and someone will help make sure it's jetted properly.

DOUG_LONGISLAND
11-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by TRXRacer1
You did the only 2 things you can do to mask up a problem at the same time, nice work! Word, bro.

I'm an expert, obviously. How was I supposed to know? I figured that could've been it. How dumb.

Duf6
11-15-2009, 08:09 PM
i dont think trx was being a D about it

DOUG_LONGISLAND
11-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Sounds like it. If not, my b.

I guess I'll see what my mechanic has to say.

TRXRacer1
11-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Duf6
i dont think trx was being a D about it
Thanks man but in all fairness "nice work" could have been omitted. The rest was solid advice tho.

Originally posted by DOUG_LONGISLAND
Sounds like it. If not, my b.

I guess I'll see what my mechanic has to say. Did you quit reading after the exclamation point? You don't need a mechanic, you need carb clean, some basic tools and some patience. You didn't just install an exhaust or do any intake mods did you?

Duf6
11-15-2009, 08:23 PM
sometimes he just comes off that way but i think he's just try'in to help

DOUG_LONGISLAND
11-15-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by TRXRacer1
Thanks man but in all fairness "nice work" could have been omitted. The rest was solid advice tho.

Did you quit reading after the exclamation point? You don't need a mechanic, you need carb clean, some basic tools and some patience. You didn't just install an exhaust or do any intake mods did you? Nah. I didn't install any mods recently.

In case it wasn't obvious, I'm obviously not familiar nor comfortable with engine work. I've had so many problems with this ****ing this it's so frustrating. I just want it fixed right.

11-15-2009, 08:30 PM
i believe i had the same problem in the summer. I needed the choke to start it one and then ud turn it off and it bogs, it would also when you really punch it, whenever i held my clutch in i would also stall out. What i did was turn the idle screw all the way in, go back to my stock jetting, and put the stock pipe back on. Then i re-adjusted the idle back to its specific spot and cleaned the carb (check the wire that the dile screw is attached to). Once all of this was done and backt o stock i started it up and it ran fine, so i jsut threw the aftermarket parts and went for a ride.