PDA

View Full Version : gt thunder linkage and skid plate

moshachusetts
11-15-2009, 05:23 PM
anyone know of a good rugged skid plate that will have the cutout that will work with a gt thunder xc linkage??

thanks

BRAD6160
11-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Yes GTT has a new one out already cut for linkage. Excellent ground clearance but is made of steel (little heavy) I run it for the last couple GNCC races no complaints so far. Don't judge it by its looks(definately stronger than it looks) and price is better.

moshachusetts
11-15-2009, 05:39 PM
oh, not on their site yet is guess, how much was it? were they in stock ready to go? i need one for next weekend

BRAD6160
11-15-2009, 06:12 PM
Yes it is on there site. It is not under the 400ex section, it's on there homepage. Top left square says "more info" beside the YFZ 450 stuff.

If you are not sponsored by them, then it is $60

Lonestar_R
11-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Heres mine....a little more involved than just bolting it up though

Pipeless416
11-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by moshachusetts
oh, not on their site yet is guess, how much was it? were they in stock ready to go? i need one for next weekend

it is on the site.. part number 04-119. its 59.99 and it was $73 by the time it was shipped. i received it in 2 days. it is definitely not going to bend easily. here's a picture of it sitting on the table.

gt400ex
11-16-2009, 01:36 PM
Did you guys half to mod the sub frame for that link?

Moto Pro472
11-16-2009, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
it is on the site.. part number 04-119. its 59.99 and it was $73 by the time it was shipped. i received it in 2 days. it is definitely not going to bend easily. here's a picture of it sitting on the table.

Elmo looks good in the santa hat

Pipeless416
11-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Moto Pro472
Elmo looks good in the santa hat

elmo used to ride in the front bumper.. now the new bumper doesn't have room and the FST cooler gets in the way :(

Originally posted by gt400ex
Did you guys half to mod the sub frame for that link?

not yet.. i'll tell you next sunday

gt400ex
11-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Well if you do have to do anything to the fame you should try to get some good pics. I've been trying to find some on here but haven't had much luck.

elmo used to ride in the front bumper.. now the new bumper doesn't have room and the FST cooler gets in the way :(

not yet.. i'll tell you next sunday

Moto Pro472
11-17-2009, 09:42 AM

Elmo was Ridin Dirty

Ryan'07400ex
12-06-2009, 01:18 PM
For the gt thunder skid plate did you have to use extra washers? I got mine mounted up with one washer on top and my chain is rubbing.
What should I do to fix it? Im thinking more washer...
Thanks

BRAD6160
12-06-2009, 03:00 PM
It will take a while to get use to the chain slap noise. But it should not rub constantly. Try using washes just enough to run approx. 1/2" in between the sprocket and skid plate

400man
12-06-2009, 04:38 PM
I just got my gtt xc linkage and so far im lovin it :p . it lowered the rear end down a whole lot cause with the stock linkage I had the spring preload softened as far as it would go, and when I put the linkage on it made it set way to low so I had to stiffin the spring preload back up some. and as for a ride review, its working 10 times better then with the stock linkage. I weigh about 140lbs, and it feels almost perfect after I messed with the compression some. ive got a little whooped out uphill section in my trails, and I can just hang my *** off the back and ride over em wide open and the rear end just soakes it all up, where before it would bounce off the tops of the bumps. after doing some more riding with it and trying to bottom it out, I did see where the sprocket bolts were hitting the subframe. I had already raised my airbox and spaced out the exhaust, and the subframe was easy to fix, all it took was a good stout 4 or 5 foot metal bar, put it between the rails on the subrame right behind the battery, stand up on the back tires and pry out on the lower subframe rail. I actually pryed mine out a little more then needed with out much effort.

and as for the skidplate issue, im really considering investing in a sprocket guard and maybe hacking up an old aluminum skid plate to use as a rotor guard. I'll post some pics later of my link and how I modded my subframe.

Ryan'07400ex
12-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by BRAD6160
It will take a while to get use to the chain slap noise. But it should not rub constantly. Try using washes just enough to run approx. 1/2" in between the sprocket and skid plate

Anything I can do to make it not steel on metal or whatever?