PDA

View Full Version : No Spark

rossco864
11-15-2009, 01:56 PM
I have an '88 and I can't get spark. I have a factory honda manual and I've done all the checks that it states for the trouble shooting. All of my components have the resistance within the specified range, and still no spark. I've tried a new plug too. Do you guys have any ideas on other things to check or tips/tricks?

Thanks!

norcalduner
11-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Did you check continuity on the ground side circuit ? Or you can try using a jumper wire between the engine and the frame to simulate another ground connection.

That or time for some "swap-tronics" i.e. coil and cdi :(

bloodswet&gears
11-15-2009, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by rossco864
I have an '88 and I can't get spark. I have a factory honda manual and I've done all the checks that it states for the trouble shooting. All of my components have the resistance within the specified range, and still no spark. I've tried a new plug too. Do you guys have any ideas on other things to check or tips/tricks?

Thanks! nobody here knows how to answer this question.when they figure it out hopefully they will make it a sticky. i keep having the same problem. coil,pick up & stator all ohm out good. ground good. black/white wire not grounded. you can swap cdi,coil and plug with same result. there has gotta be a way to see if the stator is making ac voltage? there has gotta be a way to see if the pick up is making a signal? i havent tried this yet. not sure if this is what i need to do. my problem is intermittant. i swapped a reed cage to a rad valve and my ignition problem came back.