PDA

View Full Version : Shock Selection?

OverTheEdgeINC
11-14-2009, 11:06 PM
I was just curious about shock selection. Right now I have Axis Triple Rebound shocks setup for a 185 lb rider.... They came on another quad I had purchased. I know for a fact I can not use these and I first off would like to say I am a big guy. I am 6'4 and 300lbs. I have seen quite a few bigger guys than me out on the track tearing it up on quads and I just want to be able to go out and not wreck shocks. I know I am big, That I cant help being born at 12.3 lbs lol So, Anyways.... Just looking for ideas on shocks? My idea was to sell my current set to buy a set I can use.

Also have a +3 Setup on my quad. Please let me know. Thank you anyone who can help!! :D

Pipeless416
11-15-2009, 12:17 AM
here's the first step to solving your problem.. sell me the axis shocks :blah: . seriously though, you could send them to c&d racing and have them setup for you. they're nice shocks.. might as well use them.

OverTheEdgeINC
11-15-2009, 12:35 AM
:D Well, I am asking 600.00 shipped for the 3 shocks and resivoirs. There in good shape and no need to be rebuilt, Was thinking of just going wit stock 450R Shocks. Let me know what you think. Could also use the $$ for all the powdercoating I am going to have done :D

Pipeless416
11-15-2009, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by OverTheEdgeINC
:D Well, I am asking 600.00 shipped for the 3 shocks and resivoirs. There in good shape and no need to be rebuilt, Was thinking of just going wit stock 450R Shocks. Let me know what you think. Could also use the $$ for all the powdercoating I am going to have done :D

please, PLEASE keep the shocks and get them set up for you. you will be so much happier and faster than you will be with 450r shocks.. especially if they're going on +3 arms. powdercoat is pretty, but there's nothing like good suspension. thats all i can say..

OverTheEdgeINC
11-15-2009, 01:05 AM
So your saying I can send them in and have them built to meet my needs? Thatd be awesome. I wanna race MX so bad but my worries are that I am going to end up busting a shock and eating Sh*t and thats the last thing I need. I just want to be able to run with the rest of them and by the sounds of it these shocks should do the trick.... Any one have any idea how much it costs to rebuild these shocks??

Pipeless416
11-15-2009, 01:12 AM
So your saying I can send them in and have them built to meet my needs? Thatd be awesome. I wanna race MX so bad but my worries are that I am going to end up busting a shock and eating Sh*t and thats the last thing I need. I just want to be able to run with the rest of them and by the sounds of it these shocks should do the trick.... Any one have any idea how much it costs to rebuild these shocks??

if you're worried about your custom axis shocks breaking..you'd be in a world of fear running 450r shocks haha. if you contact C&D Racing, they can hook you up. you'll need to ravalve and respring. it'll get pricey for all three, but you'll have one of the best suspension setups money can buy. you can get a quote here:
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/contact.php

OverTheEdgeINC
11-15-2009, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the help man! I really appreciate it. I am looking forward to being able to ride this quad like I want to. BTW you have a bad *** quad! anyone have an idea from having theres done before price wise?

tri5ron
11-15-2009, 02:08 AM
I was just curious about shock selection. Right now I have Axis Triple Rebound shocks setup for a 185 lb rider.... They came on another quad I had purchased. I know for a fact I can not use these and I first off would like to say I am a big guy. I am 6'4 and 300lbs. I have seen quite a few bigger guys than me out on the track tearing it up on quads and I just want to be able to go out and not wreck shocks. I know I am big, That I cant help being born at 12.3 lbs lol So, Anyways.... Just looking for ideas on shocks? My idea was to sell my current set to buy a set I can use.

Also have a +3 Setup on my quad. Please let me know. Thank you anyone who can help!! :D With your +3 a-arms, and at 300 lbs, you are going to need some SERIOUS shocks.

I'd have to agree with everything that Mike has been telling you.

You Already HAVE some of the best shocks made.
All you need, is for them to be properly set up for your quad/a-arms/ your riding weight, (wearing all your gear).

Even if you DID sell your shocks, and you go buy other shocks, they would STILL need to be set up for your riding weight on +3 arms.

To the best of my knowledge, there is not a "off the shelf" shock that would fit your needs.
Before you go selling your shocks, you really need to see what a comparable set of shocks, (Quality wise), tuned to YOUR needs, (set up for your a-arms/weight), is going to cost.

Colby at C&D will get you hooked up.

My guess is,... that you'll be alot better off, (and saving some cash in the process), by having those AXIS resprung/valved to your needs. Do your research first, BEFORE selling them, so you don't end up making a costly mistake.

You might also want to think about a frame gusset set.

11-15-2009, 07:35 AM
if your still selling your shocks...im intrested.

OverTheEdgeINC
11-15-2009, 06:59 PM
I have been working on the diet part so I am hoping to get down to about 275 before summer. I am buying a frame thats gusseted and has fresh powdercoat... So hopefully that part is out of the way. Im worried about the shocks, And the +3 A-Arm setup I am thinking of going down to a +2 Setup. Would this be a smart move or?? Let me know what you think. Thanks for the help to guys