PDA

View Full Version : enclosed trailers/ quad ?'s

DEERCHOOPER
11-14-2009, 04:10 PM
im looking at getting a quad hauler. ive talked to my buddy a couple of times about this, but there are so many options.

im looking for a used one and i would like to haul 3 quads, 2 most of the time but would like to have enough room to get another in there.

i was thinking a 18' would do me.

would a smaller one work?
would a smaller one with the v nose help?
is a 7' wide one enough to get quads turned sideways without to much hassel?

im thinking i dont have enough room to whip a 18' or 20' into my back yard so i was looking for options.

rigger
11-14-2009, 04:35 PM
I had a 6x12 V nose once and if it had not had the V on it, it would not have fit 2 sport quads. With both of them in it, there was more than enough room for gear.

I have never turned sport quads side ways in an enclosed trailer but I would think you would need an 8' wide trailer to do it. I know the quad is only a little over 6' long but when you start turning it side ways, it will get tight. Plus you have to have room for yourself too.

I hate to fight loading and unloading when it comes to going riding. I have a 6x10 open trailer now with sides and I am getting ready to sell it and switch to a small deck over (snowmobile looking trailer) so that I can just drive the quads on to the trailer with no lifting involved.

Make sure you get big enough to do what you want with out fighting it.

And get a V nose trailer. It really does help out a lot with gas on the highway.

red88r
11-14-2009, 06:57 PM
I have a 83"x14' utility trailer with a rear ramp gate I use on short trips. It will fit 3 quads sideways but it does kinda suck loading them that way. The front one I can drive on cuz the sides of the trailer turn into ramps. The middle one is the worst by far. I have all 250r's so they are'nt too heavy. The only other downfall is watching your expensive fenders in the wind. I think a 16 or 18 footer with a v-nose would work great. I would go with the v-nose for a couple of reasons. One for the xtra space and the other for gas mileage. They do pull easier, it makes quite a bit of diff. especially if you are lacking a little power with ur tow vehicle. Hope this helps-just my two cents.

11-14-2009, 08:31 PM
I have a 7x28 enclosed trailer. That's 23' sides plus a 5' v-nose. For one trip we turned the quads sideways so we could fit more in there. I probably won't do that again. It's a huge pain in the *** to turn them sideways in a 7' wide trailer. They need to be stood up on end and turned sideways then let back down. Every quad. Every time. If you want to put the quads sideways get an 8' wide trailer.

red88r
11-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Another option if you really want to stick to a narrower trailer is to put the quads on sled caddies to position them sideways and then remove them for transport. Just an idea-I know it works, had to do this in my buddies trailer. That way you are not in front or back of the quad while turning it sideways.

C-LEIGH RACING
11-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Chopper, It realy is a pain turning them unless you got plenty of room.
My trailer was a 93" wide inside & god I hated having to turn them.
Normaly for me though, I was lucky enough that Chuckie & the boys was around just about everytime we were loading or unloading. You know how it is with ol farts like myself, all eatin & no working, Hey, but I can cook.

Where you live, if your looking new, probably somewhere in IN where they build them might be the cheapest, even new compaired to used.

I'm in the market right now for a 8 1/2' X 20' or 24' enclosed. I've looked all over the web & can't find nothing used at a good price. 1995 up to the 2000 years 24' going for 5000.00 or more, its crazy.
Closest builder for me is in GA, 4 maybe 5 builders right close to each other down that way.
8 1/2' X 20' 3699.00 picked up in GA, 3895.00 for a 24' but it will cost me 600.00 to go get it.

Go to trailershopper.com or racinjunk.com all kinds of deals on new, used is a joke.
Neil

deathman53
11-17-2009, 04:00 PM
when I bought my enclosed trailer 8 1/2 x 20', I first looked used, it was something like 2g's difference between a well used and new. I went with a new trailer. They are few and far between used and usually go for big money, you don't know how they were taken care of either.

atvmxr
11-17-2009, 04:01 PM
I have a 10' enclosed I believe. 450R gets stood up on the grab-bar and tied down to front wall, 250r, hybrid/ whatever rolls in on all fours behind it.

I have the enclosed trailer from Lowes