PDA

View Full Version : goin old school 86 lt250r need rebuild

fmftrx300ex
11-14-2009, 02:30 PM
I picked up an 86 lt 250r its the second year they made them before they compleltly redezined them and the suspension while not bad it would probalbly be nicer if it was freshend i might want new front shocks and a-arms too if anyone knows where i can find parts or some good suspension servicers thad be awsome thanks if you want more spec or anything just let me know its been siting in peices in my garage due to other projects i finaly have money to build it up thanks everyone

Colby@C&DRacing
11-16-2009, 08:11 AM
We still do quite a bit of LT250 work here suspension, motor etc give us a call 402-614-2508

headache
11-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Burgard makes a arms for them i believe. the 85 and 86 had the upper shock mount below the frame and runs only like a 13 inch shock. The 87 up had the mount on top and runs a 15 inch shock. You could relocate the mount if you wanted and would give a better shock up front. Otherwise you could just get a set of works shocks setup for your needs, and maybe send the rear off for a rebuild/revalve. i'm sure it could probably use it...

fmftrx300ex
11-23-2009, 07:51 PM
well after striping the quad to the frame i found a few nasty little isues, the right front shock is bent at both eyelets as well as the frame where th a arm conects looks like some cuting welding and fabricating to come, anyone know of a good place to pick up a cheap set of peps?