PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a 03 ltz400! few questions..

bpjr07
11-13-2009, 09:05 PM
ok i just bought a ltz400 a week ago and i decided to take it in a local dealer to do all the maintenance before i take it out.

was running rough and would not stay on unless the choke was on..they did all the maintenance and did a carb clean and now it turns on nicely and runs great. cant wait to take it out.

few questions.
the quad is completly stock i think i will keep it like that since its a 2nd quad pretty much will be used half the time by freinds. if i want power ill jump on my outlaw 525 lol.

any mods out there that are a must performace,suspension or looks wise..

want to be able to take jumps so whats a nice bang for the buck front shocks for these, 07 400 shocks?

and the shop told me the rear sprocket is crooked so its on the to do list just thought maybe i should chance the tooth count since i have a chance.

whats the best tooth count for trail riding and dunes? stock?
what oil do you guys recommend
thanks!

cataway
11-14-2009, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by bpjr07
ok i just bought a ltz400 a week ago and i decided to take it in a local dealer to do all the maintenance before i take it out.

was running rough and would not stay on unless the choke was on..they did all the maintenance and did a carb clean and now it turns on nicely and runs great. cant wait to take it out.

few questions.
the quad is completly stock i think i will keep it like that since its a 2nd quad pretty much will be used half the time by freinds. if i want power ill jump on my outlaw 525 lol.

any mods out there that are a must performace,suspension or looks wise..

want to be able to take jumps so whats a nice bang for the buck front shocks for these, 07 400 shocks?

and the shop told me the rear sprocket is crooked so its on the to do list just thought maybe i should chance the tooth count since i have a chance.

whats the best tooth count for trail riding and dunes? stock?
what oil do you guys recommend
thanks! 07 shocks are better by far than 03's

trx450r work great, and as well ltr 450 but may have to be ground to fit.

sprocket 's? with the power you have 13-40 is widely used