PDA

View Full Version : flaming exhaust

rmcfadden68
11-13-2009, 03:50 PM
my 400ex just started blowing flames out of pipe on decelaration. what is this from?

UNBROKEN
11-13-2009, 08:39 PM
lean eqauls the pop on decel , u either have a airleak in the carboot or exhaust or ure pilot jet is partially clogged

Big_Guy_Green
12-01-2009, 11:23 AM
It's also possible that you have a slight oil leak and the sediment is building up in the exhaust. If your machine leaned out enough, it could get hot enough to ignite the sediment. Think of a creosote chimney fire from a wood stove.

Or another possibility;
My dad had an old Chevy pickup with the 3 on the tree and stacks coming up out of the box. Going down a hill, he'd put it in neutral, kill the motor, burp the throttle a few times to flood it, put it in 3rd and dump the clutch for a roll start while flooring it. It would blast all the fuel out the pipes like a flamethrower. :devil:

camaromitch
12-21-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Big_Guy_Green
It's also possible that you have a slight oil leak and the sediment is building up in the exhaust. If your machine leaned out enough, it could get hot enough to ignite the sediment. Think of a creosote chimney fire from a wood stove.

Or another possibility;
My dad had an old Chevy pickup with the 3 on the tree and stacks coming up out of the box. Going down a hill, he'd put it in neutral, kill the motor, burp the throttle a few times to flood it, put it in 3rd and dump the clutch for a roll start while flooring it. It would blast all the fuel out the pipes like a flamethrower. :devil:

Ha ha. You're dad sounds cool lol

dripinc09
12-29-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by rmcfadden68
my 400ex just started blowing flames out of pipe on decelaration. what is this from?

SWEET! Some people pay big bucks to be able to do that! :chinese:

rmcfadden68
12-29-2009, 09:20 PM
it was pretty simple the header bolts were loose i tightened them and no more flames

JM317
12-31-2009, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by camaromitch
Ha ha. You're dad sounds cool lol

Yeah, that's freakin awesome. :devil: