PDA

View Full Version : DID chain stretch question. to short and to long

55stone
11-13-2009, 01:12 PM
hey guys i have a new did x ring chain on a 05 with a plus 1 swinger.. i put it on and it was 2 long even with the adujstment all the way back which no big deal..so i took one link out and now its super super tight..like way way to tight..like stopping the rear shock to full compress.. if i ride it alot will it stretch out or should i just try odering another chain or what... i have never had this issue with a new chain..i know they stretch but the did x ring chain usually takes a while to strecth out.. let me know thanks stone

fastredrider44
11-13-2009, 01:29 PM
if it's too tight with the adjuster all the way up, then you cut it too short. Chances are, you weren't moving the carrier far enough one way or the other. Do not ride it with a chain too tight, or kiss your bearings goodbye and possibly damage the motor at the front sprocket. X-rings do not stretch much, so don't count on that being a factor anytime soon.

Ruf Racing
11-14-2009, 05:21 AM
You may have to change the front or rear sprocket. Some combination of the two. There is a weird spot some times were
the chain is too tight or too loose. Try a tooth different on the
rear first, it won't change your current gearing drastically.