PDA

View Full Version : dirtbikes & quads

coile33
11-12-2009, 09:36 PM
how many quad riders have a hard time finding mx tracks to ride on ? here in georgia we have not many places to practice , because it seems like dirt bike riders don't like quads. whats up with that?:confused:

ATVMX33
11-13-2009, 06:32 AM
theres alot of places like that here too but thankfully we have breezewood proving grounds!..haha

if your from ga check out
http://www.durhamtown.com/

One_Bad_400
11-13-2009, 08:23 AM
thats why i bought a CRF250R last month. i dont have to worry about "can i ride there?" becsaue i can :blah: lol. i love quads just as much as the next guy, but when i cant ride because i have 2 extra wheels, that kinda sucks. if you cant beat them, join them. becsaue, your not gonna beat them, there are 30 dirt bikes to every 1 quad.

atveric132
11-13-2009, 10:20 AM
idk but i think at this point in the economy that we all should support each other for the sake of our sport.....dirtbikes/quads anything with motorsports

ATVMX33
11-13-2009, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by atveric132
idk but i think at this point in the economy that we all should support each other for the sake of our sport.....dirtbikes/quads anything with motorsports

well said!

hondariderdylan
11-13-2009, 10:47 AM
i will have to agree with you, MX tracks in georgia are pretty few and far between

heres a few tracks
not sure if they are open to quads or not:

http://www.georgiaoffroad.com/facility.php?generaltypeid=1

yellowhonda400
11-13-2009, 11:18 AM
in CT theres only one track i know of and we can only ride one day a month. the other track closed down and they might make it into a movie theater. There are a lot of dirt bike places that dont allow quads here to. it sucks

133tmf
11-13-2009, 03:30 PM
seems like gets worse each yr, more and more tracks banning quads, yeah theres still sum but , jus sucks we all cant jus get along !! haha i also jus bought 250f to practice ,hell why not got the best of both worlds , practice on the good tracks on the bike race the good tracks on quad win win !!!! and i must say u tireout damn gd on a bike !!!ive secretly always wantd to whip one aswell haha

TNT
11-13-2009, 04:25 PM
You guys that race bikes would you say it helps your quad racing?

One_Bad_400
11-13-2009, 05:17 PM
i cant aswer that question. i've only riden my quad once sense i got my bike a month and a half ago :( it saddens me that i dont ride her any more but the bike is a challange to me. so i focus on learning on it. but as of right now my dirt bike has no spark and i cant figure out why, so i might blow the dust off my 450r for this weekend. :D

coile33
11-13-2009, 09:46 PM
i ride at broad river adventure park . com they have a great track and the owner is glad to have our business in this pittifull economy.i don't have a problem riding with dirt bikes.

400ex28
11-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by coile33
i don't have a problem riding with dirt bikes.

sad part is that almost all of them have a problem with us quad riders haha.

slightlybent47
11-14-2009, 04:35 AM
Hers the thing with quads and bikes. One is bikes like to make ruts in the corners and quads rub them out. The next thing is quads throw more dirt off the track, mainly in the corners so the track prep takes more work. Top that off with the fact that quads run over bikes in the corners so they are intimidated by us.
When you can go and buy a bike that will compete right of the showroom floor for $6,000.00 verses a quad and then you got to do a lot of mods to it and it runs you $15,000.00. We just don’t have the numbers to compete with them. It’s all about money.
Most of the five tracks we have around here only let quads ride a few times a month.
With the exception of one three Palms and they let us ride seven days a week and they have six tracks to ride on all in one park. SWEET!!!!!
And most of them here have 30 minuets on 30 off so quads and bikes alternate and share.

KXRida
11-14-2009, 04:40 AM
Most of the tracks up here limit quads to one day a week of riding. There still are a few tracks that will let quads practice any day with bikes, but the practices are usually split if there is a decent quad turn out. I switched from quads to bikes years ago and haven't owned a sport quad since. I would like to get a yfz or something in future because I will say I do have fun on them, but it would probably only ever see trails. I couldn't even fathom taking a quad on a track anymore. I almost can't believe at one point I did. It seems like everytime I'm on a quad and it leaves the ground I somehow end up in a nosedive. haha

slightlybent47
11-14-2009, 05:02 AM
I ride both quads and bikes and even three wheelers, but the bikes and atv’s are really two deferent animals. I think they should share, especially now.