PDA

View Full Version : Doug Eichner

TYLER329
11-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Has anybody heard how Doug Eichner is doing? I see one of his Outlaws is for sale on ebay right now.

OutlawBill
11-12-2009, 06:53 PM
back home recovering but I bet he has some big Hospital bills I think he was in for about a week.

TYLER329
11-13-2009, 01:10 PM
that sucks, i hope he can still race. I have met him and he is a really cool guy. I hope Polaris keeps him around. I know that they booted Gallagher and Wilson.

katch26
11-16-2009, 11:37 AM
wait what?! they got rid of john galagher?

TYLER329
11-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Yep, they got rid of the two people who carried the Outlaw flag from the beginning and have put all of there money towards Yokely Racing even though they suck. I hope McClure works on his own quads and doesn't let Yokely touch them.

xtreme 250x
11-17-2009, 02:08 PM
Wow you guys are hard on them. Every race team has issues the first year they have them. I think Yokley racing is great for the sport they have an outside sponsor of national guard. Its almost like nascar. Polaris is just like any other manufacture big exposure equals sales.

katch26
11-17-2009, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by xtreme 250x
Wow you guys are hard on them. Every race team has issues the first year they have them. I think Yokley racing is great for the sport they have an outside sponsor of national guard. Its almost like nascar. Polaris is just like any other manufacture big exposure equals sales.

yokley racing IS good for the sport IMO....but I disagree on big exposure = big sales. Winning equals sales and Polaris will never pony up the money to compete with the big 4 in any racing venue. Polaris needs two things big name riders and more than one! Every machine has failures at the national level but when Suzuki has one they have four others still competing and its "bad luck" when Polaris's one rider goes down thats 100% failure and a "POS".

GE4x4
11-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by TYLER329
Yep, they got rid of the two people who carried the Outlaw flag from the beginning and have put all of there money towards Yokely Racing even though they suck. I hope McClure works on his own quads and doesn't let Yokely touch them.

Going from Yokley's race reports, I would have to agree. They had many engine issues, and Notman had the most. Yet look at Wilson's team with very little support, there engines and racers did fine. I even heard they would not even take pointers from Wilson even tho he's been running the Outlaw for a few years and really know's the in's and outs of them.

Colby@C&DRacing
11-17-2009, 05:04 PM
The factory race team guys really don't like taking advice from the rest of us that have great success on the Outlaws. ;)

xtreme 250x
11-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Very true what is on the podium deffently sells Quads Or Contingency. NEATV had Can Am contingency this year every class had one if not half the class, a Few class had nothing but Can Am. Come on Polaris through us some money.

xtreme 250x
11-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Very true what is on the podium deffently sells Quads Or Contingency. NEATV had Can Am contingency this year every class had one if not half the class, a Few class had nothing but Can Am. Come on Polaris through us some money.

Oh didn't mean to steal a thread about Doug. O am glad to here his is home recovering he has done alot for ATV racing not only Polaris

LT80
11-28-2009, 06:10 PM
"Polaris will never pony up the money to compete with the big 4 in any racing venue."

Oh contrair..LOL
2010 honda ATV support..-->"0"<--
Kawi backing down, same w/zuki, Yam maybe the same (little)...

Can-am and Polaris will be the big ATV players at least for this year.
They don't have the bike series to suck the lifeblood out of their race budjet.

GE4x4
11-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by LT80
"Polaris will never pony up the money to compete with the big 4 in any racing venue."

Oh contrair..LOL
2010 honda ATV support..-->"0"<--
Kawi backing down, same w/zuki, Yam maybe the same (little)...

Can-am and Polaris will be the big ATV players at least for this year.
They don't have the bike series to suck the lifeblood out of their race budjet.

I think what Katch was more meening is, Polaris won't anti-up to land a big name racer who is top 3 in there repected field. They do support the atv racing seen real well, just no top names. 2010 names are not out yet, so hopefully that will change.:macho

LT80
11-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Ah, I see.
I can agree with that. :)

xc44
12-07-2009, 05:40 PM
hetrick was doing the motor work
wish polaris had shelled out some$ for a 2nd xc1 rider
its 2 bad that the teams didnt share their ideas and get on the same page

brucealmighty33
12-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Team Southside in the northeast will be back on Polaris this season on both the NEATV & AMA Series with some solid riders. They ran aaron meyer last season and he did really well finishing 4th in pro class, and there womens rider won the open c championship againist all the boys. They just announced a b team program, check it out.

http://neatv-mx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9460

zyoung04
12-22-2009, 02:34 PM
what happened to eichner?

OutlawBill
12-22-2009, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by zyoung04
what happened to eichner?
http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/worcs-atv-racing-2009-doug-eichner-john-natalie-accident.html#929