View Full Version : Foot Injury Update!

Tommy131
11-12-2009, 08:42 AM
These pictures were taken at 6 1/2 weeks after surgery, it has now been 9 weeks and the pins just came out this past tuesday. i go back for one more x-ray hopefully and then start therapy.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m51/ATVRacer003/foot004-1.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m51/ATVRacer003/wreck007.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m51/ATVRacer003/wreck006.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m51/ATVRacer003/wreck005.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m51/ATVRacer003/sell006.jpg

quad2xtreme
11-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Looks painful. Good luck in PT.

Tommy131
11-12-2009, 09:00 AM
thank you sir

XXX -rider
11-12-2009, 03:08 PM
reminds of my ankle when it was broke in 4 places ..btw were ya wearing MX boots ?

Tommy131
11-12-2009, 03:14 PM
yep i was wearin my boots.... they were a little worn though. i had a brand new pair in the trailer but i didnt wear them because i hadnt broke them in yet.

11-12-2009, 04:31 PM
what happened?

flyboy1294
11-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by honda4life818
what happened?
Word. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMaKcCWknaw&feature=player_embedded

tri5ron
11-12-2009, 04:58 PM
ouch,
been there, done that.

I'll have to see if I can find the old x-rays to post.
I blew my Talus bone into 4 large pieces, and one small piece. One piece went out the fronttop, (just like your top scar). other two pieces went out each side, last piece went up insde the leg, never found the small piece.

It got put back together with what looks like 3 drywall screws in the x-ray. this was 15 years ago, and it still hurts everyday. I've got about 15% motion/rotation. it sucks.

I'm telling you this so that you will realize that the therapy is the only thing that is going to get you back on your feet.
do EVERYTHING they say to do, and do it ALOT, EVERYDAY, TWICE, THREE TIMES, basically if you are awake,.... be doing some sort of therapy/ stretching, rotating.
I am physically incapable of running, I wobble and hobble instead.

if the house was on fire, I still can not run. period.
trust me, you do not want to live with the level of pain that I endure everyday.
do the therapy, and good luck
Ron

maxxedout
11-12-2009, 06:28 PM
aint that tingeling feeling when they pull the pins out just wonderful. i hav had pins in my rt hand on three seperate occassions

Tommy131
11-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by tri5ron
ouch,
been there, done that.

I'll have to see if I can find the old x-rays to post.
I blew my Talus bone into 4 large pieces, and one small piece. One piece went out the fronttop, (just like your top scar). other two pieces went out each side, last piece went up insde the leg, never found the small piece.

It got put back together with what looks like 3 drywall screws in the x-ray. this was 15 years ago, and it still hurts everyday. I've got about 15% motion/rotation. it sucks.

I'm telling you this so that you will realize that the therapy is the only thing that is going to get you back on your feet.
do EVERYTHING they say to do, and do it ALOT, EVERYDAY, TWICE, THREE TIMES, basically if you are awake,.... be doing some sort of therapy/ stretching, rotating.
I am physically incapable of running, I wobble and hobble instead.

if the house was on fire, I still can not run. period.
trust me, you do not want to live with the level of pain that I endure everyday.
do the therapy, and good luck
Ron

thanks sir, i understand what you have gone through. yeah i cant wait to start therapy.. i will have more pictures of my foot up soon, i just soaked it in water for the first time in almost 10 weeks.... its looking really good

Tommy131
11-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by maxxedout
aint that tingeling feeling when they pull the pins out just wonderful. i hav had pins in my rt hand on three seperate occassions

it sucked when they pulled the pins out, feels like they are pulling the bones out with them. so much pressure. but i am deffinitly glad they are out. they were the most uncomfortable damn things ive had to put up with for 2 and a half months

tri5ron
11-13-2009, 07:49 PM
QUOTE]Originally posted by Tommy131
it sucked when they pulled the pins out, feels like they are pulling the bones out with them. so much pressure. but i am deffinitly glad they are out. they were the most uncomfortable damn things ive had to put up with for 2 and a half months [/QUOTE]

Just hang in there Bud, and you'll get through it.
Amazing how quickly your legs have atrophied isn't it?
they seem to just shrivel up and go away !

start working on your upper body strength now.
I'm guessing that your going to be spending some time on crutches, and a cane.
just use some 5lb-7lb weights, and do some curls, and overhead press's while your sitting watching tv.
It will help alot.
Don't worry about doing any big heavy weights, use lighter weights and do more reps.
Endurance is what your shooting for, not Heavyweight Body Building.

And if you think it hurt when they took out the pins,...
BOY your just going to LOVE IT when the Physical Therapist gets ahold of you!
You will Freaking SWEAR that he has a PHd in Sado-Masichist torture ! I Gaurantee that you will think he is going to break it all over again.

They wouldn't let me keep my crutches or cane within arm's reach, because they knew that if I got ahold of one, I was going to start busting some heads.
You WILL hate these people,....
BUT,...
They are the ones who will help you to restore your range of motion to the maximum capabilities.

Just remember, it's 'yo feets that takes you places.
The better they work, the more places you can go, and things you can do.

Hang in there bud, it's gonna hurt, but stick it out, and you'll be glad you did for the rest of your life.

slightlybent47
11-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Good luck on the rehab. Looks like you choped the throttle on the take off. Next time stay on the gas. LOL!!!!

Tommy131
11-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
Good luck on the rehab. Looks like you choped the throttle on the take off. Next time stay on the gas. LOL!!!!

trust me im a way better rider than to go and chop the throttle before the take off of a jump like that lol.... no it was the quad, it just stalled out before the take off... not sure why i think it was the coil wire

Tommy131
11-14-2009, 09:23 PM

trust me im a way better rider than to go and chop the throttle before the take off of a jump like that lol.... no it was the quad, it just stalled out before the take off... not sure why i think it was the coil wire

slightlybent47
11-14-2009, 09:59 PM
I was just giving you a hard time. I had a brand new throttle cable break on me once. The little beed that on the end of the cable came off in the carb. Thankfully I was in a corner and not on the face of a jump. Work through the rehab and you'll be ready to ride again soon. Ok then next time it dose that remember to tuck your head and raise your elbows and go for that front flip. LOL!!!!!

Tommy131
11-15-2009, 05:00 PM
I was just giving you a hard time. I had a brand new throttle cable break on me once. The little beed that on the end of the cable came off in the carb. Thankfully I was in a corner and not on the face of a jump. Work through the rehab and you'll be ready to ride again soon. Ok then next time it dose that remember to tuck your head and raise your elbows and go for that front flip. LOL!!!!!

hell i should have just tried to front flip the quad instead, become the first quad front flip haha...

slightlybent47
11-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Yep from the looks of the vid you didn't have far to go.LOL!!!!

You did the right thing in bailing off.

Tommy131
11-15-2009, 07:41 PM
now if i would have grabbed the front brake i think i could have made a full rotation haha