PDA

View Full Version : Cops are dbags

dns1764
11-12-2009, 06:14 AM
i was taliking to my friend who does a lot of riding by worcester ma. he told me the cops out there leave a new helmet on the side of the trail, or they will flip a quad or dump a bike and pretend to be hurt. they arrest anyone who stops.

Fear250r
11-12-2009, 06:36 AM
They've doing that for years in our town. I didn't think there was anyplace to ride in the Worcester area.

416exfreak
11-12-2009, 07:00 AM
How can they arrest you for stopping to help them?

No way in hell they would arrest me on a trail without using a taser. I would do everything in my power to get away from them.

Thats some major BS man.:grr:

derekhonda
11-12-2009, 07:21 AM
That sucks. Still, if it is private land or a place you are not supposed to ride, maybe you oughta just not go there.

muddy400EX
11-12-2009, 07:29 AM
but wouldnt they be trespassing to?

derekhonda
11-12-2009, 07:57 AM
Not if it is private land and the owners have asked them to come and get rid of the problem. If it is public land, again, no.

Pappy
11-12-2009, 07:59 AM
Sounds like a good way to get people to stop so no chases ensue.

gbcap
11-12-2009, 08:04 AM
sounds like an awesome Idea to me. if you KNOW your not supposed to ride there then don't freaking ride there. Its pretty simple.

gbcap
11-12-2009, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by 416exfreak

No way in hell they would arrest me on a trail without using a taser. I would do everything in my power to get away from them.

so basically your admitting you would commit a felony on a public forum that anyone can see? are you proud of that? if you just rode in a legal area you wouldn't have to worry about getting away from anyone.

its people like you that get legal riding areas shut down for people like me that follow the rules.

Robin Hood
11-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by gbcap
so basically your admitting you would commit a felony on a public forum that anyone can see? are you proud of that? if you just rode in a legal area you wouldn't have to worry about getting away from anyone.

its people like you that get legal riding areas shut down for people like me that follow the rules.

So you're saying if you were out on a group ride on some local trails, and you stopped to help a fellow ATV rider and got arrested for it, you wouldn't be pissed off in the least bit?

My friends have had it happen to them. The cops flipped a Utility ATV over and had a female cop lay on the ground. Friends pulled over and went to help her and the cops busted them.

Cops like that are straight up scumbags. We're an easy target and they know that they just made a quick 100$ fine from each rider + impounding fees. They'll never go after drug dealers, or chase down criminals cause they're pussies.

11-12-2009, 08:38 AM
this is new news? lol most cops are scum bags.

stuntin andy
11-12-2009, 08:43 AM
you gota stop to get caught ;)

ATVMX33
11-12-2009, 08:45 AM
if you arent supposed to be riding there then dont..thats what gives atvers bad names

cops can be like that though...on a episode of speeders or something they had a cop intentionally walk out right infront of cars and then get them for not stopping for pedestrians in the crosswalk

dns1764
11-12-2009, 09:02 AM
thing is that there is almost no riding around. just imagine sitting in court for stopping to help someone

CHAR250R
11-12-2009, 09:27 AM

Then you will be adding resisting arrest to the list of fines you will be receiving. It's a cat and mouse game. It will never end. The cops are just doing their job, even though it may seem like a scam. :rolleyes:

derekhonda
11-12-2009, 10:04 AM
No one is disagreeing with you that it is shady. The reason they are there, is because someone has a problem with you guys riding there. Maybe your pipe is too loud, maybe someone tore something up, maybe they just straight don't like quads, and so they got the police involved.

Go find some legal land to ride on, and then you won't have to worry about a cop stake-out.

416exfreak
11-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by gbcap

If they tried to slap cuffs on me for stopping to help a fellow rider, on public land.. hell yea I would run. That is taking advantage of someone's good nature.

The only private land I ride on is my family's.

Cops like that are the reason good people are loosing faith in the current world. If you can't even trust the law enforcement officers who are sworn to "protect and serve", then who can you trust other than yourself?

The simple answer? No one.

:chinese:

tayyo789
11-12-2009, 01:06 PM
If they tried to slap cuffs on me for stopping to help a fellow rider, on public land.. hell yea I would run. That is taking advantage of someone's good nature.

Cops like that are the reason good people are loosing faith in the current world. If you can't even trust the law enforcement officers who are sworn to "protect and serve", then who can you trust other than yourself?

From what I read, it seems that the cops are on PRIVATE land, with the owners permission, to keep people from tresspassing. sure, they are going about it in a less than ethical way, but if you guys are constantly tresspassing on someones land who doesnt want you there, then you are more of a dbag then the cops who are helping the landowner. the cops are not "out to get everyone on a quad". they are trying to enforce the law, which says to ride in designated areas. not some private property, when the owner doesnt want you there. if you now the owner, then go ahead and ride there if they say you can. otherwise just stick to designated areas, and you'll have nothing to worry about. they are just doing their jobs guys

Scro
11-12-2009, 01:07 PM

I understand you reasoning. But if it was OK to ride there, then there would be no need for cops. It's obvious that riding is not allowed there. And if you are not supposed to be there, then the majority of "good people" will respect the law and stay off of it.

631kfx400
11-12-2009, 01:16 PM
i think it is a major dickkk move to pretend that you are hurt and then arrest someone that is just trying to have fun and trying to help somebody out if they are hurt. comeplete bullshiz
fug the police:grr:

muddy400EX
11-12-2009, 01:18 PM
after reading this, i will NEVER stop for a wrecked rider, no matter what they look like! lol i aint gettin fined for tryin to help someone...noooo sir!:blah:

Scro
11-12-2009, 01:31 PM
If you are riding on land that allows riding, there would be no reason for cops to setup something like this. Therefore, there would be no need to worry if it's a cop or not. You're in the wrong if you are riding where you aren't supposed to, no matter how they catch you.

I'm I the only one that sees this simple logic???

ATVMX33
11-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Scro
If you are riding on land that allows riding, there would be no reason for cops to setup something like this. Therefore, there would be no need to worry if it's a co ot. You're in the wrong if you are riding where you aren't supposed to, no matter how they catch you.

i agree!

dehner47
11-12-2009, 01:49 PM
i agree with everyone statement that if your on illegal land, you might get cought. so no b***hing when you do. BUT. and theres always a but, i feel its kinda wrong for them to "fake" someones injured just to catch riders. thats kinda playing against your "humanity card" isn't it? think about it. if your riding somewhere illegal and you know your not suppose to be there and you come around the trail and see some guy laying there, not moving and you stop to help. only to be a cop trying to bust stones. are you ever gonna stop again? most likely no. now, your back riding the same spot few weeks later, you come across another guy laying there, not moving and you just ride off. to find out later, that dude died cause no one was there to help him. could you actual live with yourself? i know i couldn't. its kinda like the lil story are parents told us as we were kids about "the boy who cried wolf" only this time, its the cops that are the ones crying wolf. cause if they start having people think its the cops no ones gonna believe it when its someone laying there that actually needs help. cause just in a few post, people are stating they will never stop again for someone. and in this sport were us as riders can be hurt in a blink of an eye, and lives can change just as fast if theres no help in sight, things can go bad very quickly. and thats just not good humanity in a world were we could use a bit more. especially in a sport that already has a bad rap.

just my 2 cents. now, flame away.. :devil:

tayyo789
11-12-2009, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Scro
If you are riding on land that allows riding, there would be no reason for cops to setup something like this. Therefore, there would be no need to worry if it's a cop or not. You're in the wrong if you are riding where you aren't supposed to, no matter how they catch you.

agreed in full man. follow the rules, and nobody loses. there wont be cops where people are FOLLOWING THE RULES. its really not that difficult.

Originally posted by muddy400EX
after reading this, i will NEVER stop for a wrecked rider, no matter what they look like! lol i aint gettin fined for tryin to help someone...noooo sir!:blah:

what a terrible, terrible thing to say. i cannot express my feelings about this without being banned, so i wont. just know how awful you just made yourself seem

YAMAHAVIPER
11-12-2009, 02:39 PM
There is no difference in that or a speed trap or drug set up or prostitution or sending letters to thugs to come pick up their new shoes and arresting them. STAY OFF OF PRIVATE PROPERTY OR JUST RIDE FAST WITH A BULLET PROOF VEST...Good Luck

wrekd
11-12-2009, 03:38 PM
I've heard of them doing that around my area too. Its not the cops here though, its the game comission doing it.

JR3
11-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by 631kfx400

fug the police:grr:

exrider12
11-12-2009, 04:27 PM
where are you guys riding in the worcester area? Im from Sterling and could use a few new riding spots:D

derekhonda
11-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Yeah you should definately go ride there, that'll learn 'em!

exrider12
11-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Dude.. I just wondering.. chill:ermm:

mx8
11-12-2009, 05:56 PM
I live in zanesville ohio, A few months back three cops were busted stopping drug dealers then taking there drugs and money. I don't think much of law enforcement either.

muddzilla94
11-12-2009, 07:07 PM
i hate cops to, just recently i got caught setting on the side of the road waiting for somebody, the keys wasnt even in my 4wheeler, and they call my parents and put me in the back of a cop car and make my parents come pick me and my 400ex up major bs i think.

John Noftsinger
11-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Me and friends of mine had trail system we built over a 20yr period never had problem with cops even had them ride with us until one day it all ended they (cops) tryed to ambush us at a creek crossing so we took off though the neighbor hood that was next to the trail ,were we never rode cause there,s was a nutjob that lived in there that harrassed us about riding in the woods behind his house ,house was like 2-3 football fields away and he didn,t own the land but he got cops to stop us riding now you cant ride back there and theres no place to ride anymore.Are riding area,s are getting taken from us And it sucks and there,s really nothing we can do so I when chased made sure i tore though that nutjobs yard spinning wheel all the way felt good just wish I had more time to do donuts around his house!

tayyo789
11-12-2009, 07:27 PM
wow. this is rediculous. do you guys really not understand that YOU WERE ON PRIVATE LAND. THATS WHY THE COPS WERE THERE. get off the private land, and your problems with your local law enforcement, will magically and drastically dwindle. if you know what that means

Quad18star
11-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Ride where it is LEGAL and you WON'T have problems .

Simple as that !!!!!!

Ralph
11-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Didn't read the whole thread so it could have been mentioned before, but what happens when someone is actually hurt.

People are going to blow right by people who really wrecked because they think its a trap...