PDA

View Full Version : Lonestars Version of a Laeger Protrax?

dtowndiesel
11-11-2009, 10:37 PM
I recently purchased a Lonestar chassis and it came with LSR spindles, or so the previous owner said. I don't doubt him, I have just never seen or heard of anything like these. They seem very similar to Laegers Protrax spindles. I am waiting on a response from Dan at LSR I sent him the same pics. So has anybody ever heard of, or seen anything like these?

1. http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu4/dougmiedema/LSR%20Titanium/DSC_0046.jpg

2. http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu4/dougmiedema/LSR%20Titanium/DSC_0047.jpg

3. http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu4/dougmiedema/LSR%20Titanium/DSC_0048.jpg

rayman375
11-12-2009, 04:17 AM
Don't think they made very many of those set ups, here is a picture of a hybrid R with them though.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=214484&perpage=10&pagenumber=16

bushwesl
11-12-2009, 05:29 AM
I have a couple of sets myself :) They're called LSR Outlaw spindles. The ones that you have appear to be the older version, as the new ones have "LSR" casted into them. I don't have time to upload pics of mine, as I have to get to work, but I'll share some pics with you later. They're somewhat rare, and weren't made for very long.

dtowndiesel
11-12-2009, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by bushwesl
I have a couple of sets myself :) They're called LSR Outlaw spindles. The ones that you have appear to be the older version, as the new ones have "LSR" casted into them. I don't have time to upload pics of mine, as I have to get to work, but I'll share some pics with you later. They're somewhat rare, and weren't made for very long.

Thank you sir, I would appreciate that. How have yours held up to abuse? Mine will be dune only so I'm not to worried about. How are the for adjustability? Thanks for your help!

dtowndiesel
11-12-2009, 06:36 AM
I have the LSR invoice that shows they were purchased brand new in 2006, along with the chassis. Thanks

bushwesl
11-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Check this thread out...

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=376407&perpage=10&pagenumber=1

bushwesl
11-12-2009, 10:42 AM
What type of LSR arms are you using? Have pics?

Mine have held up fine, although, they've only seen two trips to Silver Lake and one trip to a track. Adjustability wise, they're fine, but if you check out the link I posted previously you'll see my issues/frustrations with them. Also, that thread pretty much encompasses everything that I know or have learned about them.

Good luck!

fastrnrik
11-12-2009, 12:17 PM
I've had two sets. One was the older style I bought from a guy on here, and the newer style with LSR stamped on the spindles.
I raced TT with them and they were fine, but never MX so I can't comment on how they hold up to big air.

I did like that you could put the spindles on "normal" Lonestar
a arms, unlike the Laeger setup that has specific pro trax a arms.

If nothing else, they're a cool unique item to have.

800screws
11-12-2009, 01:37 PM
hey, do they work with dc 4 arms? is so anyone wanna sell a set....

racerx573
11-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Should bolt on to any a-arms that used upper and lower threaded standard size ball joints...

bushwesl
11-12-2009, 02:51 PM
As you can see from the pics in the thread of the link that I posted, mine are on LSR DC-4 long travel arms.

fastrnrik
11-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by 800screws
hey, do they work with dc 4 arms? is so anyone wanna sell a set....

Yeah they do. I just sold a set a couple months ago.

dtowndiesel
11-12-2009, 07:32 PM
What type of LSR arms are you using? Have pics?

Mine have held up fine, although, they've only seen two trips to Silver Lake and one trip to a track. Adjustability wise, they're fine, but if you check out the link I posted previously you'll see my issues/frustrations with them. Also, that thread pretty much encompasses everything that I know or have learned about them.
Good luck!

Here's a pic of the arms that I have. I think they are +3. I really hope to make these spindles work, I'm excited that they're unique. I also want this quad to be a complete LSR bike, so I want to use every LSR part available.

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu4/dougmiedema/LSR%20Titanium/DSC_0039.jpg

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu4/dougmiedema/LSR%20Titanium/DSC_0041.jpg

bushwesl
11-12-2009, 07:47 PM
Those are the new style long travel arms. I don't know what LSR calls them though, mine are the older style, DC-4s.

norcalduner
11-12-2009, 09:26 PM
Just so you know, LSR does not make any parts for those anymore, so if a rebuild needs to be done, you will almost have to machine and source the parts yourself ..... or buy another donor set .

Also, they weigh a ton haha.

FYI I bought mine from loboboy to which I sold to bushwesl after parting my other "complete" LSR .

dtowndiesel
11-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by norcalduner
Just so you know, LSR does not make any parts for those anymore, so if a rebuild needs to be done, you will almost have to machine and source the parts yourself ..... or buy another donor set .

Also, they weigh a ton haha.

FYI I bought mine from loboboy to which I sold to bushwesl after parting my other "complete" LSR .

Haha, I did notice they are a bit heavier than my 400ex spindles on my lobo. However my frame only weighs 20 lbs. so I'm going to need some weight to keep the wheels headed in the right direction. Also if I have to rebuild them someday thats a challenge I am willing to take.

dtowndiesel
11-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Those are the new style long travel arms. I don't know what LSR calls them though, mine are the older style, DC-4s.

I guess I'm not sure what they're called either, I've never really paid close attention to LSR stuff until I found this chassis, I have always been in love with roll design.

Bushwesl, did you ever figure out a solution to your problem in the thread you posted? Did you go +4's, or stick with the 3-2 offset wheels? or was it something else? I'm ok with running the 3-2 offset but I would prefer to go 4-1, so if theres a way besides getting +4's Im all about it. Thanks for all your info and help. How does Silver sound next summer?

bushwesl
11-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by dtowndiesel
Bushwesl, did you ever figure out a solution to your problem in the thread you posted? Did you go +4's, or stick with the 3-2 offset wheels? or was it something else? I'm ok with running the 3-2 offset but I would prefer to go 4-1, so if theres a way besides getting +4's Im all about it. Thanks for all your info and help. How does Silver sound next summer?

I actually still have it setup just the way it was, which is ~48". I'd love to "do it right" and go with the +4 arms, but I'm sure I'll just get some 3-2 offset wheels to compensate instead. Since your arms are different than mine, you may be in a different situation than I am; you'd just have to bolt it on to find out.

As for a trip to Silver Lake next summer... Hell yea! I'm in :cool: Just let me know when :)

dtowndiesel
11-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Yeah maybe the different style arms will help, hopefully. otherwise I'll go with 3-2's. I will let you know about silver next year, I was there a few weeks ago and It was a good time, I live about an hour and ten minutes away. Do you have any LSR components you would sell? motor mounts, stem clamps, etc? Maybe you want to sell that clutch cover you just stole, hahaha. Thanks again.

312R1
11-13-2009, 05:59 PM
I have a LSR stem clamp $30 shipped.

bushwesl
11-14-2009, 07:19 AM
I might have a set of LSR billet mounts I could part with :) I'll send ya PM with pics when I get a chance.

800screws
11-14-2009, 08:27 AM
damn it!! i just posted looking for one of those stem clamps..i got no responses and just bought a new one this morning!!!

DyingBreed
12-07-2009, 04:00 PM
I have a set of the newer outlaw spindles with LSR stamped on that and want to know what they are worth.

dtowndiesel
12-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by DyingBreed
I have a set of the newer outlaw spindles with LSR stamped on that and want to know what they are worth.

Mine came as a package deal with the rest of the chassis, so I could tell you. They sure seem to be rare though.

fastrnrik
12-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Yeah, they're not too common.
I just got screwed out of a set of the newer LSR spindles and matching a arms on ebay. I sold a MINT complete LSR T pin frontend on ebay. Guy buys them, keeps them 2 months then files chargeback with his credit card company. Credit card company reunds his money. Paypal tells me- Sorry bout that. Now this douche has my rare frontend AND his money back. I'll get his info posted tommorrow. Maybe somebody on here knows this guy. He's in Illinois.