PDA

View Full Version : And the Process Begins...

LTRracer4
11-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Filled out the paperwork for rider support today. took it into my dealor, and the owner told me he has gotten the support for 2 other guys. He said each time it took about a month. (Does that seam right?) He doubted he would be able to get his hands on any 09, so he recomended that i buy an 08 with the rider discount and built it like the mx with the rider's discounted parts. I really dont want to hastle with the problems of the 08. If anything I want a newer 09. If i get the rider support can i call can am and see if they will ship an mx to my dealor for me? Ill be glad to have the support, but it does me no good if i cant get the quad i want. What are my options here? and what kind of flexabilty are you guys getting out of canam? also what parts come with the motoworks kit for the rider support?

Thanks
-Chris

Blizzard24
11-11-2009, 05:38 PM
1) A month is about right to wait, might even be up to 6 weeks.

2) The dealers actually buy their invenotry from Can Am so unless the dealer can work something out w another dealer , you may not be getting an 09 and might have to try to get a 2010 if you dont want the 08.

3) What kind of flexibility? The support program gets your quad up to a competitive level. Can Am has also helped w some issues that have popped up but dont expect the world from them. If they give you added support, great, if not... dont feel like you are being shafted.

4) Depending on the year of your bike. 08 and 09 will get the slip-on, louvers, ecu heat tape. The 08 will get you all of the updates to bring it to 09 spec like: A arms supports, coil isolators, subframe gusset, battery box support, dual row carrier.

LTRracer4
11-11-2009, 07:04 PM
So would you suggest going with the 08 and updating it? id wait for an 09 or 10, but i leave for florida january 9th and I need to have everything stamped out and ready by that date.

comander420
11-11-2009, 07:20 PM
It all depends on your dealer. They should be able to go find you an 09 at another dealer unless they don't really care about your buisness. Call around some other dealers and see if they have an 09. If you do go for an 08, you can expect the problems I and others have had, but if you look hard enough you can find them for 4-5K for an X compared to 9000 for an 09 XXC or XMX with the racer support -2000 to get you to 7000. Or buy an 08 for 4000+75+950+150=5175 to have an 08 X set up like an xmx WIth the shocks, axle, stem, arms and hand gaurds. Just make sure they have all the updates and make them do the 09-9 clutch update before you buy it or they probably won't do it after you buy it.

If you have the cash go for the late model 09. A kid near me just bought an 09 xmx for hare scrambles because he didn't want to wait for an 09 XXC. I don't know how he does it at 50" wide

ZX11
11-11-2009, 08:58 PM
americanpowersport.com has 40 2009 DS-450's. You can even get a red and white one. They are advertising them at $3999. They are base models so you would have to add the mx parts. I did see a 2009 mx on atvtraderonline.com for $5 or $6k. I can't remember. But you could look.

PArider
11-11-2009, 09:01 PM
ok, alittle off topic but since were talking about the rider support. I was wondering if i would still be able to apply for it after i have already had my ds for over 6 months? orr do you have to apply apon purchase or somthing?

Blizzard24
11-12-2009, 04:52 AM
After owning an 08, I would recommend going with the later model 09 or 2010. The engine cases are different, the clutch has been updated and the shift drum and gears are different.
If you can fins an 09 base model and get the racer support, that would be the way to go as you can add the shocks and a arms and axle and stem all for less than $800 through the racer support program and then you just have to add your own wheels and tires.

If you have had the quad for 6 months, good luck trying to get the racer support, if your dealer can pull some strings they may be able to get it for you but the chances are super slim, it is supposed to be done as you are buying the new atv.

xrxmxcx
11-12-2009, 07:23 AM
Hopefully you don't wait a month, I was the first support rider in prettymuch the whole NE region as I had the inside word from a BRP rep. the day before the announcement was made and my paperwork was going through literally as everyone was getting details. I had my bike and most of the parts within 2 weeks, and had to wait for the 50" MX kit for 4 weeks.

Later down the road now that the process is more streamlined, we purchased another bike, had it and parts within 2 days.

Good luck!

Blizzard, thanks for the referral to your friend BTW!

As far as 2008 MY bikes, don't be afraid of them if you do the proper updates, but DONT do the swingarm pivot/sleeve update as that has been showing to be the root cause of the gasket failure in the case halves!

comander420
11-12-2009, 08:15 AM
I think the timing all depends on your dealer. It seems you guys up in the NE have better delears than the SE or Midwest. The app says 10 days I would assume that to be 10 buisness days. I applied for mine a week after I bought the quad and 2 months later I gve up on that dealer after they quit returning my calls and went straight to can am racer support where they have been helpful but slow. Avoid Smith Powersports in Hayesville, NC. They were next to useless and won't return calls. World of Powersports in Decatur, IL doesn't seem any better and they are the ones that have my parts credit.

I think the biggest fear of the MY08s are the case cracking and if they won't do the clutch update. Other than those to BIG issues I love my 08.

Blizzard24
11-13-2009, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by xrxmxcx
Blizzard, thanks for the referral to your friend BTW!

No problem man, I live right over by Walden MX, so maybe one day I will stop by and introduce myself at the NEATV races. I'm a tree dodger so I dont hit the MX track much. Although this next season I may use open practice to get some training in.

TNT
11-13-2009, 04:02 PM
while we are talking differences does anyone know of any differences between the 08 and 09 head ?

Aussie_YFZ450
11-15-2009, 02:47 PM
Are you sure there is any difference? they have the same P/N

BCS Performance
11-15-2009, 04:13 PM
There is no differance between the two.