PDA

View Full Version : Losing the "Man Card"

Quad18star
11-10-2009, 10:51 PM
So I've got a question ..... would you guys consider someone to have lost their "Man Card" if they hung up Christmas lights?

Is this a job the guy should do, or is it a woman's job to decorate everything for Christmas?

Do you lose it for putting up one string of lights, or do you get a bonus "Man card" for creating a National Lampoons Christmas Vacation scene?

Tell me what you think ..... :p

JRP
11-10-2009, 10:55 PM
Nah i don't think so greg lol. My dad has been hanging the lights for as long as i know, but hes up 30ft on our roof hanging them at 52yrs old, so I still think hes got his man card lol

Tommy Warren
11-10-2009, 10:55 PM
you either have to go all out or do nothing at all to keep the card.......maybe one of those rocket powered sleighs on the roof....

matt14c
11-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Lights? No I dont think so. I take care of the lights outside. She takes care of the tree and interior stuff. About the bonus man card I dont know if thats relavant either. Unless your hooking up so much like on the old show home improvement where planes can see your house and want to land there or your competing like a neighborhood light competition.

gbcap
11-11-2009, 06:16 AM
no loss of man card for decorating for christmas....any decorations.

IdahoMX
11-11-2009, 06:40 AM
Just domesticated.

derekhonda
11-11-2009, 07:25 AM
I tend to think it's kinda a slippery slope. Me, I live alone. If I hang up lights, I think that would be grounds to lose my "man card".

If you got a family, put em up. Gotta show a little christmas cheer.

However, I will go hang up lights...at my parent's house.

protraxrptr17
11-11-2009, 07:36 AM
Depends on how they look. If they are the little clear lights all really symmetrical, then you're straddling the fence. If they are the multi colored, blinking, some burnt out, none evenly spaced or in a straight line then you get bonus points.

tri5ron
11-11-2009, 07:45 AM
I was doing fine with my manhood, but then I fell off of the ladder...

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/christmas-lights_jpgchristmas-light.jpg

yellowzo3
11-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Greg are you kidding!? Hanging Christmas lights is the manliest part of the holiday season. f@!# black Friday... A guy getting his fat @$$ on a ladder in 20 degree weather so Santa can find his house is heroic.

You look across the street and what do you see? Jordan's dad scaling the edge of his icy roof without thinking twice. As you stick your one and only candy cane in the ground you can hear Jordan's dad yell over... "HEY, IS THAT ALL YOU GOT TWINKLE TOES?.... STEVIE WONDER COULD DO A BETTER JOB DECORATING THAN YOU..." Do you want this to be you, Greg? I didn't think so.

But like Tommy said, you have to go all out or do nothing at all. If you do nothing at all you can slip by as not celebrating and people wont be too suspicious. But if you put out 2 plastic snowmen and light up one tree everyones f@g detector will light up like the christmas tree you wish you had the balls to decorate.

Hanging Christmas lights is a tradition passed down from generation to generation. It is an annual losing battle with electricity... there are no winners. Fuses are blown both mentally and literally. But the reward is apparent when your neighbors are jealous and cars stop in front of your house to take a gander. Your wife breathes that sigh of relief in the kitchen as shes baking Christmas cookies, dismissing the thoughts that maybe your arrow doesn't shoot as straight as the rest.

Greg, you have not only questioned my faith in you as a man, but in humanity itself. I prayed I would never see the day when this sport was questioned... it is now obvious my calls have gone unanswered. There is nothing left to say.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2605/3726239808_1a75a9d4d6.jpg

<DRS>GPF
11-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
you either have to go all out or do nothing at all to keep the card.......maybe one of those rocket powered sleighs on the roof....

agreed

jcv400ex
11-11-2009, 01:54 PM
You must have the 7 way multi adapter at the end of an old extension cord that has been electrical taped too many times also.

I have a section of my garage dedicated to christmas lights... MAN UP!!!

Quad18star
11-11-2009, 03:05 PM
LOl thanks for all the responses. Now everyone can tell QuadJunkies that putting up lights does NOT result in the loss of the man card .

I put mine up today.:devil:

quadracer707
11-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
So I've got a question ..... would you guys consider someone to have lost their "Man Card" if they hung up Christmas lights?

Is this a job the guy should do, or is it a woman's job to decorate everything for Christmas?

Do you lose it for putting up one string of lights, or do you get a bonus "Man card" for creating a National Lampoons Christmas Vacation scene?

Tell me what you think ..... :p

Bonus card, holidays equals taking care of family! Wife's do the shopping(mostly), Holiday spirit spread the cheer!!!!!

Ken

fastredrider44
11-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Well, I'm kinda lucky. You can't see my house from the road, so exterior lights would be somewhat of a waste, however, I do like Christmas decorations inside. I like a tree with lights. My mom likes a tree with lights, and so many ornaments you can't see the tree... I put the tree up and string lights, let her do the rest.

honda400ex2003
11-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
:p

i like to hang the lights on the house and put the stuff on the tree with my sister. it is fun to do over the season. It is one of my favorite times of the year. just my .02 though. steve

QuadJunkies
11-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
I tend to think it's kinda a slippery slope.

Greg... I think hes knows my story too ! :eek:

Make sure ya'll have good life Insurance! :p LOL
( a little inside laughter on facebook today hehe!)

Maybe Ill get into the spirit more this year.. Ill try anyways. :ermm:

rodeo#11
11-11-2009, 09:18 PM
hanging the lights up no..you still got your card...going to the store and buying her tampons cause she dont feel like it...well then ya done lost it lol

Quad18star
11-12-2009, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Greg... I think hes knows my story too ! :eek:

Make sure ya'll have good life Insurance! :p LOL
( a little inside laughter on facebook today hehe!)

Maybe Ill get into the spirit more this year.. Ill try anyways. :ermm:

LOL . Quit being a Scrooge and get into the spirit , woman !!!:p

Poor Troy ... he must sleep with one eye open now. :cool: