PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone up here do chrome plating?

1promodfan
11-10-2009, 10:45 PM
I was thinking of getting some parts chromed this winter. I was wondering if anyone up here does chrome plating or has had some work done by someone they can trust? And someone that knows ATV parts.

I just want to get some prices, and then I can go from there. Here is a list of a few parts I had in mind.

Clutch cover
stator cover
front motor mount
brake pedal
rear grab bar?
sub-frame
carb?......and maybe a couple other parts

gandgracing
11-11-2009, 05:07 AM
Dont know of any chromers, but I could hook you up with some powdercoating.

troybilt
11-11-2009, 06:57 AM
X2, I'd like to know too!

312R1
11-11-2009, 07:56 AM
X3...I need something done also.

Jonny B
11-11-2009, 08:35 AM
It's getting harder to find people who do chrome plating...I go to one of the Harley shops outside of detroit for chrome plating.

pimpt250r
11-11-2009, 09:10 AM
dunatic is your man for chrome

dustinshuler
11-11-2009, 09:53 AM
Chrome masters in nasheville tenn! Thats were t+t atv used for a long time (maybe they still do I dont know) but they are familliar with atv parts and do great work.I think they also did work for Orange County Choppers.

1promodfan
11-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by dustinshuler
Chrome masters in nasheville tenn! Thats were t+t atv used for a long time (maybe they still do I dont know) but they are familliar with atv parts and do great work.I think they also did work for Orange County Choppers.

A buddy of mine told me there was a place there. He couldn't remember the name of it. He went to diesel mech. school in Nashville and he said he rode by there everyday. I guess I'll have to google them. Thanks!!

danhung11
11-11-2009, 10:56 AM
I have a guy I found in my hometown. It's pricey, but the chrome is good and his turnaround time was pretty good. Chrome is expensive, unless you send it to a chopshop. This guys sands everything does so it will be a nice mirrior finish. He turned a set of stainless steel pegs I had to mirror shine with polishing only.

Here's their website. http://www.aaplating.com/ If he will not ship, I could serve as a ship and drop off point. troybilt - I can take care of your parts on my way into Kansas City. ;)

Hope this helps.
Dan

1promodfan
11-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by danhung11
I have a guy I found in my hometown. It's pricey, but the chrome is good and his turnaround time was pretty good. Chrome is expensive, unless you send it to a chopshop. This guys sands everything does so it will be a nice mirrior finish. He turned a set of stainless steel pegs I had to mirror shine with polishing only.

Here's their website. http://www.aaplating.com/ If he will not ship, I could serve as a ship and drop off point. troybilt - I can take care of your parts on my way into Kansas City. ;)

Hope this helps.
Dan

Dan, you have any idea on some prices of the parts I have listed?

danhung11
11-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by 1promodfan
Dan, you have any idea on some prices of the parts I have listed?

You would have to call them directly. His name is Dale, he's a little rough.

250Renvy
11-11-2009, 12:44 PM
There are a bunch of chrome pieces like you are looking for on ebay right now. Depending on the cost of chroming and shipping it may be cheaper to buy some that are already chromed.

Just a thought.

skyeryder
11-12-2009, 10:55 AM
does anyone do that black chrome like you see on some truck parts???

1promodfan
11-12-2009, 04:28 PM
I contacted chrome masters and the guy I talked to asked me to send him some pics of what I wanted chromed. Then he would get back to me with some prices.