PDA

View Full Version : Clunking Noise in Outlaw 525 engine

jimbob085
11-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Had a problem with my outlaw a while back when I took it up a step hill and esp at the sand dunes, it makes this crazy clunking noise in the engine and looses a small amount of power. I had this problem fixed and now only about 6 months later is already back. It litterally sounds like there are rocks in my engine whenever I get on the gas.
This is not the normal popping noise that happens when the engine is idle that people sometimes think something is wrong with their bike. The sand dunes really bring the problem to a head esp when I go up a step dune at a good pace. Anyone who knows what might be causing this or has had this happen to them I would sure appreciate some advice on it because right now I am not sure if the bikes even worth fixing because this **** keeps happening. Problem is, is that I love that ****ing bike and its IRS and would really like to keep it but not if this **** keeps happening.
Thanks!

coalrat
11-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Mine has never had the problem yet, but i know many others may have. Did you fix it your self the first time? you need to find out what the dealer did to fix it. I'm guessing it was a loose primary gear nut on the clutch side. I would just pick up a new gasket and pull the cover, and check it your self. Lots of topics about it on polaris riders, as to what tourque and thread locker. just search them out.

U1arunit
11-11-2009, 06:11 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=415638&perpage=10&pagenumber=2

SSJEFF
11-11-2009, 11:15 PM
The nut would not cause a loss in power neither would the sound I am thinking of which is a loose chain which will slap the frame on an IRS.

jimbob085
11-12-2009, 12:47 AM
Thanks for the replys that link was perfect but whats the torque specs on that nut that comes loose???

U1arunit
11-12-2009, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by jimbob085
Thanks for the replys that link was perfect but whats the torque specs on that nut that comes loose???

I will check the manual and reply tonight.

al capone
11-14-2009, 07:19 PM
Check your rear end bearings and your lefthanded nut my bearings went out and it popped alot (not the cv joints) the rear end bearings