PDA

View Full Version : Rear Brake Issue.

vampyre666zz
11-10-2009, 05:27 PM
So i replaced the rear brakes on the 300 the other day rode it of and on for 2 days now I have ZERO pad left. I cleaned and greased the slides and what not. I thought they were just cheap brakes so i put OEM honda pads on they lasted probably 2 weekends of solid riding. I cannot figure out whats wrong with my rear brake. the pedal feels alright although every so often it feels like it has no pressure but thats only on rare occasions otherwise it feels and operates normally. My guess is that the brakes are dragging but i cant see why. Any help would be great. Thanks

dirtdawg
11-10-2009, 10:01 PM
check the adjuster. it's probably too tight.

QuadCobbler
11-11-2009, 05:20 AM
My brakes were doing the same thing last year, I put some thing like "all balls racing" or some thing on it. Probly cheap. I went through 2 sets in about 3 months only riding once or twice a week. then I took the brake apart and cleaned it and re greased the slides. I have not checked to see if my new pads are wasted yet, just put them on 2 months ago. I think regreasing mine fixed my problem. and I dont have an adjuster on mine an they still stuck.

Josh300ex
11-11-2009, 02:22 PM
i had the exact same problem, i was getting about 3 and half hours of riding out of a set of pads, i went through 6 sets of pads just in the rear in about a month and half. those were the cheap pads off ebay though. i bought EBC red backed race pads, they only lasted 10 hours. then a buddy told me to get the EBC gold backed pads. i have had them on for probably 3 months. the inside is like new and the outside is about half gone just from my axle coming loose and rubbing on it. plus they give more stopping power i found from the EBC race pads, which were red.