PDA

View Full Version : BMXer's?

k4f5x0r
11-10-2009, 04:12 PM
need some help on wheel choice. PM me if you can help me out :)

cosinostra
11-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Just bought some Answer alumilites for my son, USA made super nice,, I have some older Ringle's USA made really nice,, You can pick up a Bombshell set for a decent price USA made pretty nice. Rythm from Crupi look good, Not sure where they're made probably :devil: CHINA :devil:

Stay away from SINZ... They have some serious quality issues and obviously made in :devil: CHINA :devil:

You looking for used wheels???

k4f5x0r
11-10-2009, 08:33 PM
i may be interested in used wheels yea. As long as they're straight, with hubs(sealed or unsealed doesnt really matter to me).

Just trying to figure out what's going to be strong enough without bending. I ride dirt jumps and am starting to get into park.

416exfreak
11-12-2009, 07:18 AM
Pretty much any double wall rim should hold fine for you.

I used to dirtjump and occasionally ride park. I'll take a peek at my newest dans comp when I get home and see it I can help out any. Its been a year or so since I got out of the BMX game.

represent618
11-12-2009, 12:14 PM
I have been riding the same set of alex triple walls for about 7 years.

48 Hub (spoke) with Poverty sealed hubs.
Heavier wheels, but strong like a tank, I am 225 LBS.

DOUG_LONGISLAND
11-12-2009, 12:28 PM
I got a Primo Pro Cassette hub laced to a Primo hula hoop with a 9t cog

Also got a set of odyssey hazard rims. I'll sell all of it to you for $100.

11-12-2009, 12:32 PM
I run oddessy hazard lites in front and rear on profile minis. I do street only and take some hard landings with them with no issues. Been running same rims for a few years now.

All rims will bend though. You have to have to keep up with your spokes being tight and learn how to tru. its very simple

k4f5x0r
11-12-2009, 12:33 PM
I've gotten my parents to agree that working on my bike and spending money on it isnt worth it. I'm just going to be getting a new bike for christmas(but hopefully going to be able to use it earlier before the cold sets in).

SO in that case. Anybody interested in a DK step up? :p