PDA

View Full Version : help with a new typhoon

mbellaver
11-10-2009, 12:47 PM
ok... i've got a brand new 07 typhoon 90 just out of the crate. It doesn't idle very well at all. It will run with the choke on, So, I'm thinking bump up the pilot jet right. I've been told that it should have a Mikuni carb in it, but it doesn't. It has a Keihin copy. PZ 19. Can TRX 90 jets be used on this carb since Honda's use Keihin?

Ride1Rob
11-11-2009, 06:22 AM
At idle it should be your pilot. You can also try adjusting the fuel/air screw as well.

I'm not sure if Jets from a Honda will fit because I don't know what carb the Honda uses.

Hondo121
11-11-2009, 03:33 PM
toss the china carb in the trash or you will chase this forever. buy a new Keihin PE20 (about 80.00) and jet to 100/35 you will have a nice runner.

GO XTREME OR GO HOME
WWW.CADEJENKINSRACING.COM

greenmachine70
11-11-2009, 09:51 PM
If its a new 2007, then it has been setting somewhere for a while. I bought 2 quads like that which were in the crate but setting in a warehouse for a couple years. They both had varnish in the carb. Cleaned it good and they are still running perfectly 2 years later.
If a motor will only run with the choke on, 95% of the time there is an obstruction. They usually test these at the factory before packing and shipping and they dont get all the fuel out of the carb.
Just my .02, clean the carb good before you buy a new carb. A new carb will fix it but cleaning what you have is much cheaper.
Good luck