PDA

View Full Version : anyone work @ honda auto dealership?

MO-EX-RIDER
11-10-2009, 11:56 AM
im needing the codes to unlock my radio and nav system. my dealer said $85 if we can do it by vin number or $215 to pull unit and get serial number off.....

all because i changed a battery???

Ralph
11-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by MO-EX-RIDER
im needing the codes to unlock my radio and nav system. my dealer said $85 if we can do it by vin number or $215 to pull unit and get serial number off.....

all because i changed a battery???

You should have the code in your manual or on a card when you bought the car.

Pipeless416
11-10-2009, 12:01 PM
i had to unhook a battery in an audi A6 and the code was on the tire pressure label in the trunk.

snacob14
11-10-2009, 01:28 PM
call around, I had the same thing on my honda, and finally had a dealer just give it to me.

Scottt89
11-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Like someone said, it is usually on a label somewhere, it also should be in your manual. Usually you can just google your vehicle and security code and it will lead to somewhere you can check on your car for the number.

eastside 400
11-10-2009, 03:53 PM
label is usually in glove box or behind the glove box, lemme know what kind of car and year and i can help you out, you can get the radio serial number through the radio by pressing some buttons but i will have to look it up. also there is a site online that if you are the original owner you can put your vin and phone number in and it will get you the code

MO-EX-RIDER
11-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by eastside 400
label is usually in glove box or behind the glove box, lemme know what kind of car and year and i can help you out, you can get the radio serial number through the radio by pressing some buttons but i will have to look it up. also there is a site online that if you are the original owner you can put your vin and phone number in and it will get you the code

i lost my card that had the codes and after looking around the car i could not find anything, and im the 2nd owner. i tried the honda site and my records did not match theirs!
i will pm you the info eastside 400

eastside 400
11-10-2009, 05:55 PM
im not talking about the card, there should be a sticker with the 5 digits on it, check the glove box, arm rests, center console, sunglass holder, visors, fuse panel covers, trunk lid, where spare tire is, there should be a sticker somewhere

Tommy 17
11-10-2009, 06:07 PM
whats the year and model?

MO-EX-RIDER
11-11-2009, 05:10 AM
2006 accord ex

eastside 400
11-11-2009, 11:01 AM
with the radio off, press and hold the 1 and 6 button and keep holding them down as you turn it on. this will display the radio serial number, i believe it shows some letters on the display but the serial number is just the numbers without the letters, call your local honda dealer and get the service dept. and they should give it to you, if they want to charge you then call another. you should be able to get one that will just give you the code