PDA

View Full Version : Best 416 Kit To Get?

edauth
11-10-2009, 09:03 AM
Im looking to get a 416 kit for my 03 400ex and wondering what you guys think is a good product and a place to get it and what all I need to complete the job. And also if there is a sleeve that is already bored the right size or if they all come one size and I have to get it bored to fit. Thanks in advance for your input

Colby@C&DRacing
11-10-2009, 09:37 AM
you will have to have your sleeve bored. Je makes a nice piston, you may want to tear it down first and have the cylinder measured to make sure you are able to do a 416 more than likely but we have had people order the 416 and call back to say that there motor is already a 416 :ermm:

edauth
11-10-2009, 10:06 AM
I also was wondering what the reliability is and if there is a tear down and rebuild procedure that is recommended after so many hours or if they are pretty reliable after it is built. I will probably go with 10:1 comp. a stage 1 hot cam full exhaust and after market air filter. I dont want something crazy fast just want somethin a little faster and dont want to have to worry about problems down the road. And any other suggestions on other weak links in the stock power train that need to be addressed when mildly building a motor.

rdtrp13
11-20-2009, 11:30 PM
i was wanting to know the same question what compression compared to longevity of the engine?