PDA

View Full Version : Blaster

D400ex909
01-16-2003, 04:29 PM
Becuz of the new AMA rule, i am goin to race a blaster that we own next year just for the heck of it until im 16 and i can race my 400ex. I'm not positve on what all it has, but i do know it has some type of FMF pipe and silencer combo, and DG nerfs. I know for a fact it is in need of a new set of rear tires. What size tire and rim do you reccomend? Also, what are some cheap performance parts that will make me more competitive on the track? It already has the oil injector blocked off. Thanks for the suggestions, lata

One more thing.. I know I am goin to order either a boyesen, fmf, or moto tassaniri reed's and reed cage. Which do you think is better? thanks

AtvMxRider
01-16-2003, 04:37 PM
I would definetly get the v-force reeds. Get a K+N filter and open the airbox. I would get 18" tires.

bradley300
01-16-2003, 07:56 PM
what kind of racing? for xc i would try 20 inch tires. if its not n 03 blaster, then buy a warrior front end so you can have hydro front brakes. i have everything you need to do it but, do some research first to make sure everything works. you used to have to make your own bracket for the caliper, but now i think you can buy the brackett from an 03 blaster.

Sportrax10
01-16-2003, 10:12 PM
Just get new stock rims with 18 or 20 inch turf tamers, v-force reeds, maybe 14t front sprocket, new Toomey or LRD exhaust if you want a new one. How bout that 240 kit?

D400ex909
01-17-2003, 10:33 PM
Sounds good, im gonna be doin an outdoor track somewhat similar to a really small, tight, national. I think i will get the VForce Reeds, K&N, new back tires, i was thinkin shredders? they r cheap and decent, i see a lot of blasters with fast trekkers, but i dont like those. Well thanks for the reply's, ttyl

Sportrax10
01-18-2003, 09:38 AM
Turf Tamers are pretty cheap also. Fast trekkers are really heavy, my friend just got some and he likes them other then how heavy they are.

D400ex909
01-18-2003, 05:03 PM
Looks like i'll be ordering either Turf Tamers or Shredders, whatever's cheaper i guess. As you can see, i dont want to spend much at all, im currently saving up to mod my 400ex, and saving for a future Cannondale Speed. Doesn't help when I will be buyin my first car in about a month and a half:( :rolleyes: