PDA

View Full Version : dodge ram power

rodeo#11
11-09-2009, 06:14 PM
hey guys got a few questions to ask for you truck heads out there... I want to get more power out of my truck...It's a 3.7L v6 ram 1500..(don't laugh it gets from point A to point B)..anyways, I've been looking for some motor mods to do to it without breaking the bank, Just curious and could use your guys help in finding these parts.. I want to maybe find a chip, throttle body spacer,cold air intake, and some other good mods to do. Any help at all guys is appreciated!

thanks
-jon

trx400EXtreme
11-09-2009, 07:36 PM
intake, tbi, exhaust....it all helps a little bit. chips on a gas motor are pretty nice but not really affective for the price IMO. i just like the fact that you can buy some programmers that allow you to tune your truck/ car on the computer then its plug and play. you could also do other little things..... electric fans (if u dont have them already), they have been known to help gain a little hp. gears.... shift kits.... all these things can do some good, especially if you combine them all. :macho

brian76708
11-09-2009, 08:01 PM
save for v8 conversion all other mods will never make you happy and you will end up putting just as much into it.

if you do decide to tune the truck id look into a custom pcm tune usually there cheaper then a chip and you will get better performance. i suggest looking for a dodge ram forum i bet there are some other mods you can do for cheap or free that could help.

rodeo#11
11-09-2009, 08:09 PM
thanks guys! i mean i dont know TO much about trucks just basic stuff but i had a 5.9L 360 v8 couple years back and my 3.7L feels just like it in acceleration lol but i just want a little more giddy up :macho