PDA

View Full Version : Mini Madness DRR 90 Weapon!

wrhracing
11-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Any body have any comments on the DRR DRX90 youth build article in the NOV/DEC 2009 ATV RIDER paperback magazine?
I thought there was some awsome pictures. Rider Caide Hunt made the DRX Romp for the photo shoot. I really like the picture on PAGES 54 / 55. Massive roost being thrown up everywhere.
WORCS racing is doing the MINI SCENE right!

bulldogfallon
11-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Tha WRH muscle sling some dirt!!

Nice job Billy.....That was a good representation of what a mini quad racer is...about time a mag got ir right not based on who advertises the most. :)

QuadJunkies
11-09-2009, 05:59 PM
Anyone hear how Caides break is? I heard she had a mishap and broke a bone in her hand or wrist I think it was and missed the final race of WORCS??

I hope Caide has a full recovery and has a better year in 2010. I know the last few have been some bad luck for her. Shes a sweet girl.
I did see those pics and yes -SWEET they were! Thad takes some sick photos ! :cool:

Logan #34's Dad
11-12-2009, 09:17 PM
That is a great lil article. Great work by all those involved.

drxracing
11-25-2009, 08:58 PM
anyone know were i can find that mag or article ??

mini racer #39
11-27-2009, 04:34 PM
If I could reach my DAD i would pat him on the back and congrat's to WRH Racing and DC Motorsports on an awesome build!! The article was great!! We found our mag at our local Honda Dealer. :D

drxracing
11-27-2009, 11:19 PM
we don't have a Honda dealer here is there any were on the web i can get it ?

bignasty
11-28-2009, 08:22 AM
I found the magazine at Hastine's??? Did I spell it right??:( :(

riding4fun
11-28-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by bignasty
I found the magazine at Hastine's??? Did I spell it right??:( :(

Hastings.

drxracing
11-28-2009, 11:08 AM
We don't have either one of those just a Kmart albertsons & a rite-aid but they don't carry that magazine shoot we still have horses & buggy's here lol!

Hemi636
11-28-2009, 10:31 PM
I just read the article. (Got the mag from a local convenience store) It was nice to read an article about a mini-quad. You never see anything in print about the mini's.
In my local area, we have all the major dealerships, and none of them even know what a DRR is. I found this out when looking to buy some extra spark plugs, and all of the parts counter people looked at me like I was speaking another language when I said it was for a DRR-70.
I'm thankful for the participants on this website and the other "mini-parents" at the tracks who have all been so helpful as I learn about these little machines. These people seem to be the only one's who know anything about the mini's. Unfortunately for me, most of the parts are either a pretty good drive away, (over an hour one way) or have to be ordered over the net.
It was nice to read about a national build step by step, and the investment involved should your rider ever get to the skill level where he or she will need that amount of power.
Hopefully this won't be the last, or one of the few mini articles written in a major magazine. I know there probably will never be a magazine devoted to just mini's, but maybe one of the publications will realize that there are alot of us out there, and dedicate a section each month to new parts/technology or tuning of the mini's.
For instance, it would be nice to see a "budget build" article taking a new machine, and just doing minor modifications over the period of a race season to tweak the power and handling.
Back to the original question: I liked the article.

wrhracing
12-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Interesting subject, I'll contact them and see if they want to do a budget build.