PDA

View Full Version : any one has a pic of the BCS PERFORMANCE CAN AM DS450 FRAME REINFORCEMENT KIT

florentino
11-09-2009, 09:54 AM
does that thing really work? i have a crack on the lower part of my frame on the skid plate by the oil tank.. i will not replace the frame i will make it more solid. the kawasaki i dont care of the extra lbs. some thing is not good on this quad the way it turns..
has any one done some kind of mods to the frame???

BCS Performance
11-09-2009, 03:01 PM
What is your email address? I will send you the pictures you need.

florentino
11-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by BCS Performance
california450club@hotmail.com

Quadevil
11-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Send to me also please: cms.miguel@gmail.com

Don't have a DS but have some friends that bought 1. Thanks

florentino
11-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by BCS Performance
where are the pics??????????
is the a reason why you dont put them on your webadd.. only a jackass is going to buy some thing you cant see.

LTRracer4
11-10-2009, 09:48 AM
BCS is a respectable company on this site. Dont bash.

TNT
11-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Florenteno - The skids gunna wear.....that may not be due to frame flex, it's made out of AL.....go get some 6061 CLAD series AL since it welds good like .063 gage and either weld over whats there or R & R. or put some local doublers over the crack.... Shot peen around the welds.....Any additional weight at this location will bring the cg straight down which is a good thing! What ever yu do to the right side do to the left regardless if there is a crack or not.

Motoworks and BRP sell frame kits too, you might get some pics from them too and post em up I'd be interested. :D

florentino
11-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by TNT
Florenteno - The skids gunna wear.....that may not be due to frame flex, it's made out of AL.....go get some 6061 CLAD series AL since it welds good like .063 gage and either weld over whats there or R & R. or put some local doublers over the crack.... Shot peen around the welds.....Any additional weight at this location will bring the cg straight down which is a good thing! What ever yu do to the right side do to the left regardless if there is a crack or not.

Motoworks and BRP sell frame kits too, you might get some pics from them too and post em up I'd be interested. :D
thanks alot. tnt never got that pic from b.s. i wonder why theres no pic on the site. something not good. maybe cause its something people can copy. i like what yamaha did on their 2009 .. lower frame they used steel.

TNT
11-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Yeah DS should have used steel. If you can find a good friction stir welder they may be able to weld 4130 chrome moly steel skid to your frame. If the frame is 2024 which it may be since there are no BRP welds so why use 6061, the 2024-T3 will be a little stubborn, but a good welder may be able to get er done. 4130 I shoot for like .040 it's over twice as dense and twice the compression strength for taking rocks and skids. Again look for it alodined, anodized, or etch prime it and paint it yourself for corrosion. I used a tuff liner on ours for this very reason but we still case jumps so it's coming off.

PS: Buddy in our town has a photoshoot with Dirtwheels for his 09 YFZr tomorrow, he got 53 hp and 34 torque, our DS beat it in torque but not HP. Same mods pretty much except it's a 450 with much smaller valves so for us to see bigger tq is good! You should see this in Dirtwheels next month.

BCS Performance
11-11-2009, 06:33 AM
I told you that you would get them soon, And after reading over your post I'm not sure if this is what you are going to need for that part of the frame. The kit we sell is only the rear hip, front and rear of upper a-arms and thats about it. There is not much differance from the one that BRP sells it just got one more added piece.