PDA

View Full Version : Trinity racing porting/any good?

jb400exxx
01-16-2003, 03:18 PM
i was looking on Trinity Racing's website and saw they port 400ex heads. what they are saying sounds really good. does anybody have any porting from Trinity or know abything about it. and that "chamber mod" sounds good. anybody have any info on Trinity racing?

jb400exxx
01-16-2003, 03:54 PM
i have a feeling that nobody knows anything about Trinity, i don't think i have ever seen anything mentioned about them on here. but getting 10HP out of porting sounds good, to good to be true.

here's a link to them if you want to look.

http://www.trinityracingproducts.com/propheadpor.html

PHIL_B54
01-16-2003, 04:10 PM
Well your right, they do sound like they know what they're doing.

I wish I had the money laying around to try it out for you. :D

AtvMxRider
01-16-2003, 04:18 PM
Talk to AlaskaSpeed he had his done recently.

XANDADA
01-16-2003, 04:32 PM
I don't know anything about their four stroke work but Harry totally gave a buddy of mine the shaft on his banshee. They cut I think it was the transfer ports so thin that his second run out it blew a hole through it. My bud took it down to Harry and he agreed his builder screwed up. He agreed to fix it no charge. Next run out it blew again this time irrepairably damaging the lower end. He took it back to Harry to get it right. Well now Harry bought new cases and fixed whatever else was messed up and won't give him his engine back until he pays for EVERYTHING all over again. Now their in court and he has had no engine for over 6 months.

After hearing that story from him for the thousanth time would you send something to them? I noticed your in NY. Nac's, East Coast ATV & Baldwin are reputable 4 strokers you hear nothin but praise about.

Ahhh my 1 cent - back to being broke!

jb400exxx
01-16-2003, 04:48 PM
nac's i'm pretty sure doesn't do engine work. actually when i was there i asked them and they said all they can do is bore, and hone a cylinder.

XANDADA
01-16-2003, 04:56 PM
It's the only thing I've ever heard about them (Trinity). I'm sure there are a lot of people who love them.

jb400exxx
01-16-2003, 04:58 PM
what they are sayin sounds really good. it sounds kinda crazy that they could get 10HP out of a 400ex with just porting the head. it sounds to good to be true. anybody have any info?

trx400ex
01-16-2003, 05:11 PM
You want my advice? Send it to pro fab atv in Ohio. Theres so many awesome shops east to be sending stuff all the way to cali. unless you have to have them do it.

Dave400ex
01-16-2003, 07:47 PM
That sounds really good and $370 isn't that bad. I think it would be a good mod, but where does it say anything about 10 HP? You could try FDO in Ohio. I have heard nothing but good stuff about them and you really shouldn't have a wait.

James70214
01-16-2003, 07:55 PM
Nac's does complet engine building and thye do a good job at it. I had them rebuild my r engine and they did an awesome job.

jb400exxx
01-16-2003, 08:30 PM
they port and polish 400ex heads?, the guy at the counter told me they don't do engine work. i was in there about 3 or 4 months ago. maybe i'll call them and talk to them when i get money to do it. i don't have the money to do anything yet, but i wa bored and just lookin at things on a whole bunch of websites. i'll probly just wait till the next school year. i'll be in ohio at the Ohio Technical College, so maybe i'll do stuff to it out there. there seems to be a few places in ohio to get engine work done.

ChadEXer
01-17-2003, 08:23 AM
Harry is a good engine builder. The only thing is, the chances of Harry actually doing the work on your quad is pretty slim. But if you can get Harry himself to do it and not one of his helpers, then go for it! The price isnt that bad!! heck TC charged me $495 to port and polish mine!!! But it was done by TC himself(like all his work) and he spent like 3 days just working on the head!!!

01-17-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by trx400ex
Theres so many awesome shops east to be sending stuff all the way to cali. unless you have to have them do it.

I agree...:D

Dave400ex
01-17-2003, 03:37 PM
Tell me about it Chad we paid like $450 for my brother's 250r cylinder to be ported and polished and it took Tom a few days to do it. If he was only quicker, I would never send my Motor anywhere else.

nismo
01-17-2003, 06:20 PM
what do they do when they port ur top end? how much does it cost?

MichaelS693
01-17-2003, 06:21 PM
there work is excellent and recommend it to anyone!:D :)

stevengates45
01-18-2003, 03:17 PM
I havent heard anything about four strokes, but I do know that as far as for a blaster Trinity does excellent work. I race on a blaster that runs 5.1s but right now its 65lbs low on compression so it ran 5.4s last time we had it out on the track & the fuel filter was clogged & alcohol coudlnt fill the carb quick enough so it would run out of fuel & die at the end of the track. Basically that means that blaster is very fast. Its motor work includes: Big bore, port & polish, shaved head, trinity superlight piston, lectron alcohol 32mm carb, pro-tec intake, trinity drag pipe, k&n clamp on airfilter, stroked crank with +4mm rod. I havent seen another blaster yet to run this type of times.

ChadEXer
01-20-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
Tell me about it Chad we paid like $450 for my brother's 250r cylinder to be ported and polished and it took Tom a few days to do it. If he was only quicker, I would never send my Motor anywhere else.
Well we both know that Tom definately doesnt get in a hurry! When my head gasket blew, he said send it to me and ill get right to work on it! Well that took 2 months,,,not to mention the 8 months it took him to build it in the first place!!! But I think that if the motor was sent in the winter instead of the beginning of race season it would be faster!! We know Tom goes to all the nationals, and when Dougs bike has problems, its the first to be fixed!!!! But I couldnt be happier with my motor!
By the way, my cases didnt get finished up this weekend,,,they should be finished today or tommorrow and I will finish it up and get some pics up!!!

Dave400ex
01-20-2003, 01:56 PM
Yeah I want to hear the Review on it and see some Pictures....

A4StrokeGuy
01-20-2003, 05:07 PM
I will recommend a motor builder, which i guarantee knowone has heard of in the 4 stroke world. MP racing in oregon www.motomallusa.com these guys build sum of the fastest 2 stroke around. They built a stock bore 250R what would outrun a CT 330R, i saw it with my own eyes:eek: They also ported a friends head on his EX, he is running a TC 11:1 piston and drop in MX cam and there porting thats all! I watched him toast a built TC 416 at silver lake, he beat him constantly. I was amazed!!! For this year he's going to run a 13:1 piston and run alky, should be very interesting to see what he can toast! There porting is only like $250, there known for awsome dune motors but can also build sum wicked mx motors. I'd give them a chance, i know i'll be sending my head out in oct. when racing is done!!

Jordan

beerock
01-20-2003, 06:57 PM
My friend has a trinty ported R :huh
I always thought they should just stick to banshees:huh

His bike has the "national" porting and Every time we race I pull away from him.

If you want a builder that will not have your work for months and months B+B of deleware will spice up your 400ex.

my R is ported by them and ive beaten 265 sparks national motors.
suposedly there 440 kits beat the sparks 440's as well.

give BUTCH a call at B+B and talk to him and see what he can do for ya. 302-836-2012