PDA

View Full Version : number 13 front sprocket a good idea for moe technical riding ?

the dodger
11-09-2009, 04:56 AM
Howzitt guys
Roger from south africa wants to know if a no.13 front sprocket is a good idea for more technical riding . I have had my 700xx for only 2 months and am loving it . had a renegade which was blinged and very fast but trashed it and back on a sports model again .

Please give me some advice .
Roger from quad paradise

sprayedgt
11-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Welcome to the forums. Yes it is a very good idea. You'll be able to lug it down in first gear for climbing over obstacles without slipping the clutch so much. The amount of bottom end torque is very much needed in technical riding.

the dodger
11-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Many thanks and I have ordered the 13 sprocket and looking forward to testing and riding . We do lots of rocks and mountain trail riding .
South Africa must be quad heaven and there are little restrictions so long as you are considerate and careful . There is no place for yahoos and idiots .

sprayedgt
11-11-2009, 03:29 PM
You're welcome. It'll make a huge difference on the bottom end of the power band and you'll only lose about 5 MPH on the top end. So no real bad effects. No yahoo's or idiots???? You're VERY lucky. I wouldn't know how to act if those people didn't show up where I ride:rolleyes:

the dodger
11-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Many thanx for your interest and keep up the good work .
Give it horns and enjoy .
Cheers Roger

plantkill
12-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the info regarding the 13 tooth front sprocket.
I'm a ATV newbie, I just sold my 400EX and got a 2008 700XX. I love the EFI and got a great left-over year end deal.

Does any one know where I can get a good 13 tooth front sprocket and also a write up on how to install it?

I'm handy with cars, but I have never worked on an ATV before.

Thanks in advance.

vfm2010
01-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Any cycle shop can get you one, the 450r uses the same front sprocket. prices should range from about $12 to $25 depending on brand.