PDA

View Full Version : Steering tight? help fix

Rp_YFZ
11-08-2009, 09:13 PM
I have plus twos and mx tires i was wondering if someone could help me fix my steering problem its to tight or hard to turn after the handle bars are turned a very little bit

could someone please help me fix this or tell me about their front end is adjusted i was told that it was because of the yamahas front spindels or something when i noticed my friends 450r s stering was so light and easy

florentino
11-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Rp_YFZ
I have plus twos and mx tires i was wondering if someone could help me fix my steering problem its to tight or hard to turn after the handle bars are turned a very little bit

could someone please help me fix this or tell me about their front end is adjusted i was told that it was because of the yamahas front spindels or something when i noticed my friends 450r s stering was so light and easy
plust 2 what? its going to be the off set on your rims. the stock rims are like 1plus4 and you have a 2 plus 3 .. go back to stock rims. yes i lot of guys run 3plus 2 to make them wider bad thing on your suspencion on ball joints the bars move all over the place. same thing with spacers on the front.

Rp_YFZ
11-09-2009, 10:15 PM
I am running my stock offset rims and i meant to say +2 a arms i was wondering if my toe in or out or caster camber is screwie because my hadle bars are hard to turn or the stearing is to tight and if someone could give me a way to fix this by telling me what or how their front end is set up

florentino
11-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Rp_YFZ
I am running my stock offset rims and i meant to say +2 a arms i was wondering if my toe in or out or caster camber is screwie because my hadle bars are hard to turn or the stearing is to tight and if someone could give me a way to fix this by telling me what or how their front end is set up
check your stem bar where its clamps at the put some oil wd40 make sure your bar is not bent.
use a tape to mesure your tires across. can you put a pic that can help a lot