PDA

View Full Version : ran my cross country race today

400exrider69
11-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Well I ran my first cross country race today ixcr last round in gosport,IN.
I was running a 2000 kx 125 dirt bike with new tires pipe and hard guards mostly stock. Waited for what seemed like forever finally that start keep in mind. I've never ran a race before in C class 16-21 as soon as the flagged waved, i took of was 5th in second corner. There was roughly 50 bikes in this class. About 500 ft later came to a U shaped hill and tons of bike were laid over wide open throwing dirt. So i followed some guy to my left up another hill passed 15 guys by doing this. Went across some more tight ridges and single track came to a feild section. Was on the tank and passed 3 bike then a yz 250f came screaming up behind me so i let him pass me. After some more real tight woods we came up to a creek and the 250f guy was in front he didn't see the 3 ft drop infront of him he did a front flip. I kinda laughed and went to the right of it. Was running with B class riders passed one of them on a hill after went thru some mud holes with no problem. Then this is where it sucks came down a long hill and waited bike everywhere rev limiters crying mud flying. I sit and waited till i get to the bottom. A white ktm come to my left and tears thru some small tree i move about 5 feet ahead and bike won't move so i rev the f%ck out of it and drop the front tire into the creek. Ktm guy threw a stick threw my front brakes and spokes wedged in there tight. Had 4 guys trying to get it out. So for the next 2 hr's i sat there on my bike next to the main path being shot with mud and coated with nice creek water. When i heard a 450 coming i was crouched down so low it was killer. finally got bike out and got back to the trailer after 2hr's and 35 minutes from start called it a day.

i'm now starting hard training for next season can't wait

11-08-2009, 09:16 PM
i thought you meant the running XC lol

rodeo#11
11-09-2009, 09:43 AM
welcome to xc lol my friends all race harescrambles in nchsa and their pretty good but thats the price you have to pay sometimes... i do alot of the photography for them and if i had a dime for everytime i saw a bottle neck on a hill lol get aggressive and push ppl is all i know to tell ya lol

400exrider69
11-10-2009, 07:28 PM
at one point my bike stood up it's self and i was helping other guys and falling over cause i couldn't see and someone went by and kicked my bike over :mad:
i was like wtf i'm defiantly wanting to get more into this sport of xc for sure