PDA

View Full Version : Why are there so many classified ads in here?

Derrick Adams
11-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Seems like the mods would move these. Or at least add a sticky like the hybrid forum.
It's getting a bit rediculous to fish thru endless "For Sale" posts to find useful topics of discussion.

dtowndiesel
11-08-2009, 08:07 PM
I enjoy it, I love to see other poeples quads and parts they have for sale.

bushwesl
11-08-2009, 08:17 PM
I also enjoy it. Because then I don't have to sift through the sea of 450R ads to find something 250R.

I agree though, it would be nice to have a classified sticky like the hybrid section.

312R1
11-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by bushwesl
I also enjoy it. Because then I don't have to sift through the sea of 450R ads to find something 250R.

+1

1promodfan
11-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by 312R1
+1

+2.........I don't see a problem seeing the ads. I think its great, I might see something I want.:D I'm not crazy about seeing all the ads for 400ex's and 450R's. There's not that many ads where it creates a problem. I say keep on posting!!!;)

red88r
11-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by 1promodfan
+2.........I don't see a problem seeing the ads. I think its great, I might see something I want.:D I'm not crazy about seeing all the ads for 400ex's and 450R's. There's not that many ads where it creates a problem. I say keep on posting!!!;)

+3

skyeryder
11-08-2009, 09:06 PM
+4 keep them coming it saves time

11-08-2009, 09:36 PM
I like seeing what everyone has for sale. It makes things easier because it's all 250R parts for sale here. I don't have a problem with the for sale and wanted posts.

bloodswet&gears
11-08-2009, 09:42 PM
me too. leave it like it is. i like this forum the best so far. might see something i need to buy.

thedeatons
11-08-2009, 10:53 PM
I agree.... The only thing better would be to have a specific 250R For Sale section right under the 250R forum.

James

racerx573
11-09-2009, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by thedeatons
I agree.... The only thing better would be to have a specific 250R For Sale section right under the 250R forum.

James

They should do that for all the classifieds.. since each quad has it's own forum, why not eliminate the HONDA, SUZUKI, ETC, ETC. ATV's/Parts for sale in the classifieds and put them in their respective sections...

I also think the Powertrain/Susp, etc, etc forums need to be done away with as well.

Way too broad in there. Delete all those, and the ones for each brand of classifieds and put them in their respective ATV forum..

So each forum would be like this..

TRX250R (main forum)
TRX250R For Sale/Wanted (sub forum)

Do this for every quad...

And get rid of the Honda ATV's For Sale, Honda Parts For Sale, and so on for each brand,

Then just leave the classifieds as Parts For Sale
ATV's For Sale
Parts Wanted
ATV's Wanted
Other For Sale
Other Wanted..

skyeryder
11-09-2009, 06:35 AM
those are great ideas i agree that would make it so much easier to find parts

troybilt
11-09-2009, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by racerx573
They should do that for all the classifieds.. since each quad has it's own forum, why not eliminate the HONDA, SUZUKI, ETC, ETC. ATV's/Parts for sale in the classifieds and put them in their respective sections...

I also think the Powertrain/Susp, etc, etc forums need to be done away with as well.

Way too broad in there. Delete all those, and the ones for each brand of classifieds and put them in their respective ATV forum..

TRX250R (main forum)

And get rid of the Honda ATV's For Sale, Honda Parts For Sale, and so on for each brand,

ATV's For Sale
Parts Wanted
ATV's Wanted
Other For Sale
Other Wanted..

I'm on board with this idea!! ...but I doubt it would happen.

01shee
11-09-2009, 07:38 AM
I like that idea also. Would make looking for parts alot easier.

troybilt
11-09-2009, 08:19 AM
Yeah, I search for crap all the time, and about 50% of the time no one remembers to put whether what they are selling is for 250r, 400ex or 450r. That would eliminate that confusion, at least.

250rPRIDE
11-09-2009, 05:43 PM
i like it the way it is. its not hard to skip right over the for sale posts.. dont make it more than it is, we have not found another person who doesnt like it yet..

Let well enough alone

rigger
11-10-2009, 04:38 PM
I think the for sale and wanted postings in here are fine. They do not bother me at all.

I do think it would be really nice to see a sticky in this forum for 250R parts for sale. It would be nice to go to one spot to find R parts. I agree with the idea of putting one of those on each machine forum.

Just my opinion.

woodsracer144
11-10-2009, 05:15 PM

TRX250R (main forum)

ATV's For Sale
Parts Wanted
ATV's Wanted
Other For Sale
Other Wanted..

AGREED! i was thinging that same thing the other day...

Aceman
11-10-2009, 06:02 PM

TRX250R (main forum)

ATV's For Sale
Parts Wanted
ATV's Wanted
Other For Sale
Other Wanted..

I think this is the way to go. Personally, I think there's too many for sale ads in the forum, especially when the idiots make 4 different threads one right after another listing a single part in each one. Come on......really??:rolleyes:

jrspawn
11-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by 312R1
+1

Same Here!!!

They posted the sticky deal in the hybrid forum and im not much for it. To me, it made no sense....

Its as simple as if you see a for sale thread, and your not looking for anything... DONT waste your time and look at it. Sticking ALL the hybrid stuff for sale into just one post kinda crams a bunch of crap together. I dont know, maybe its just me?

I say DONT sticky one freakin post for all the stuff for sale(model specific).

Justin

Pappy
11-10-2009, 06:31 PM
I dont see any changes at the moment. Im not a fan of the hybrid for sale sticky but it looks like they are trying something.

Pretty sure, at some point, the entire for sale/wanted sections will be removed from this forum and will be run on its own entity. Its way to big to be here ...as you can see, it causes issues and I mean site wide issues. Nothing like waking up at 5 am and have to move the same thread from 30 sections.

This section has been left alone, usually the for sale threads are specific and its worked out.