PDA

View Full Version : Editing Quicktime video? (For you a/v guys)

flyboy1294
11-08-2009, 07:11 PM
I have a small digital camera, and it takes video. It's nothing special but it might be useful to show problems with the quad, new mods, riding skills, etc.

I tried making a simple video showing a jetting issue with a quad my family owns. When I uploaded the video onto my computer, I discovered it was in Quicktime (.MOV) format.

Windows movie maker is what I used for all my school a/v projects. It isn't very nice, but it lets you upload a song to the video clip, cut and copy and modify portions of the video, etc. However, it would not let me edit the .mov format video clip.

So I went online and found a file converter. I uploaded my video and waited almost an hour for it to convert. Then I re-downloaded it and edited it.

So I went to upload it to Youtube. Of course, wmv format was not supported.
I finally just uploaded the raw video in .mov format. It looked like the crap that 12 year olds uploads of their 250ex with their cell phones, and frankly, its embarrassing.

So, do any of you guys who like to film your quads have any experience with Quicktime video format? ANY help would be appreciated.

flyboy1294
11-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Noone?

flyboy1294
11-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Well what video format does everyone else use?

slightlybent47
11-19-2009, 11:09 PM
Try and do a search for a converter program. If you search around you my find one for free. I'm not a computer guy but a friend found one for me for some music files I needed to convert. Thats about the best I can do for ya.

flyboy1294
11-20-2009, 01:52 PM
I have a converter, that's not the issue. The problem is that it takes close to an hour for 5 minutes of footage. And then I can edit it. But then I have to convert it back so I can upload it. It's just not really practical.

motofreak2772
11-20-2009, 04:29 PM
At school we use FCP and we log and capture the video on the program then edit it. You should still be able to add a song to the quicktime movie but I dont think you can really edit it that well. You can log and capture on windows movie maker too so try that.
The log and capture button should be some where at the top if you cant find that google it. We log and capture the actual tapes but you could probably do it right from a camera too.
This will let you completly edit the footage like the pros lol.