PDA

View Full Version : Come on! My junk wont start again!!

KFX450Rrider490
11-08-2009, 06:29 PM
while i was riding today my bike started to act up with an erratac idle and i just ignored it but when i shut it off to talk to my friends and tryed to fire it back up i had to wait until it cooled down to start again

so i figured ok whatever i need to adjust the valves not a big deal never done that before but ohwell

so once it fired again it ran perfect never skipped a beat idle was perfect and was fine until i tried to talk my pasney of a friend to kit this little jump at my house and went to fire it up and got nothing again!! so i waited and waited then just left it for and hour and still nothingi have had problems with it before and i think its the rollover sensor but i dont know for shure is there anything id could do to eliminate it??

thanks

MtnEX
11-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Somebody sells an eliminator kit.
I will let you know if I remember who.

Meanwhile, have you seen the old article w/Yokely's mechanic?

The moving parts in it can be siliconed to the circuit board.

I've never had a problem with mine.
But I did zip-tie mine in place.

You could also check your ground...
(under seat)

Check around your coil...
(right side by radiator)

Check your temperature sending unit...
(back of cylinder)

Check your crank position sensor connection...
(over rad bottle / smaller connectors)

What happens on the hood lights when this happens?

KFX450Rrider490
11-13-2009, 01:17 PM
the prime light blinks as im trying to start it when it wont runto answer that and i put the same thing up on kfx hq and they gave me the name of the place but im not all to worried now becausethink its my roleover sensor i siliconed in place so it cant move and it starts fine so ill just go from there

MtnEX
11-13-2009, 01:40 PM
I bet there is a diagnostic code stored on the computer.

Blinking FI light or FI light staying on should produce a trouble code.

I hope you are good now. But you should have been able to cycle the key and crank it right up.... provided the sensor was on it's mount UPright, and not faulty.

The way you described it made it sound like something faulty.... or something going on with the coolant temperature sensor.

Ride it good and shut it off with the thumb kill to see if your fan kicks on when the coolant stops moving.

KFX450Rrider490
11-13-2009, 03:42 PM
id try that but i was on it for about and hour today and got no fan (its 50 outside right now so it will be kinda hard to make it that hot) but it ran good so that must of been the problem i dont kno time will tell

if you remeber i bent my shock rod pretty bad(it was in the open thread) a few weeks agio so i put these honda shocks on that i had laying around just until i could find a good deal on a set of rebuilds or just have gt rebuild them in the spring but my ride height right now is like 10" in the front and like 7.5 in the rear so it handles horrible those shocks just suck and i cant ride half as fast as normal so maby thats why i got no fan but we'll see