PDA

View Full Version : No more 400EX

wrekd
11-07-2009, 11:48 PM
Got rid of my 400 the other day. I loved the 400 but it would've took too much money to get it where I wanted it. I'll miss her.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/wrekd96/DSCN1787.jpg

On the plus side, I got a 2007 Raptor 700SE :D

Full HMF, HMF Optimizer, Pro Design Intake, Stage 2 Hotcam, Pro Armor Nerfs, Pro Armor Chassis Skid, DG Stainless Steel rear skid, Acerbis handguards, G-Force extended hubs, Tusk p-brake block off, front rims flipped ((JD +2 high clearance a-arms arms and HiPer CF1A's coming)), GYTR Front Bumper, +1 front sprocket, speed sensor removal mod, 21x7-10, Razr 2's, 21x12-9 Mudsharks, and last but not least, heated handgrips...haha

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/wrekd96/DSCN1905.jpg

Thing straight out RIPS!! The tires balloon up so bad that I could see the silver on the inside of my rims!!Much better power, ride, and handling. My 400 wouldn't stand a chance against it.

The only thing is, the 400 was way better on the technical trails. Im talking 1st gear only trails littered with boulders and steep hill climbs. The Raptor is geared 1 up on the front sprocket so that could make a difference. But I still give the nod to the 400 for the better ground clearance (under a arms) and lower gearing. Granted it was only my 3rd ride on the Raptor but I could still tell the 400 would've made it a little easier.

Anyways, just thought I'd drop in and show off the new ride.

gt400ex
11-08-2009, 02:27 AM
Man if feels like reading the obituary sometimes in here. lol but that is a very nice looking bike! Hope you have fun on it!

honda400ex2003
11-08-2009, 07:38 AM
Lost another one:( sad to see it go, but a nice raptor to replace it. As long as you riding that is what matters. steve

slightlybent47
11-08-2009, 08:32 AM
I hate to burst your bubble but I spank raptors all the time on my ex. :devious:

f4iracer
11-08-2009, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
I hate to burst your bubble but I spank raptors all the time on my ex. :devious:

haha, that raptor would kill any 400ex.

much much faster quad right there.

jasonwayne222
11-08-2009, 09:23 AM
how much that run you

storms400ex
11-08-2009, 10:05 AM

maybe put your money where your mouth is at and race him then, i'll put my money on the raptor over the 400 for speed

odog
11-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by f4iracer
haha, that raptor would kill any 400ex.

much much faster quad right there. not any 400ex but most of them.

slightlybent47
11-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by storms400ex
maybe put your money where your mouth is at and race him then, i'll put my money on the raptor over the 400 for speed

If you’re in Conroe TX then bring it. I love to snack on raptors.
You’re going to need to be a very good rider to beat me on a MX track. You may have an advantage on fire roads and open strait always. They do haul butt, but they are too heavy for MX. If you are a very good rider you can do well on one but it won’t hold up to the big jumps. I’ve seen three or four of them break the swing arm trying to clear the same jumps my ex dose, on a regular bases.
But I don’t know you, and you may be very good on it, but as a rule they don’t do well as a MX bike. If they did the track would be full of them.

If you like it, thats fine, to each his own.

gtt416ex
11-08-2009, 04:16 PM
i have to agree, even a 660R can out run a 400ex. My buddy has a 660 with a full trinity system, k&N, razr mx's with 13/40 gearing and it's all i can do to keep up with him. The rebuild helped a little but, he still wins most of the time. Unless you have a mildly built 440, i wouldn't make any bets on winning.

Pipeless416
11-08-2009, 04:27 PM

nice raptor wrekd!

slightlybent47
11-08-2009, 04:54 PM
I’m not saying raptors are not good machines, but not for mx. I have a friend that road one and started racing the same time I did and when he was on the raptor he never beat me. And I was on a bone stock ex. When he got tired of fixing the raptor and loosing he got an ltr and now he beats me and mine is now built. No one has ever beaten me ridding a raptor of any displacement. Like I said if they were the track would be full of them.

Pipeless416
11-08-2009, 05:26 PM
I’m not saying raptors are not good machines, but not for mx. I have a friend that road one and started racing the same time I did and when he was on the raptor he never beat me. And I was on a bone stock ex. When he got tired of fixing the raptor and loosing he got an ltr and now he beats me and mine is now built. No one has ever beaten me ridding a raptor of any displacement. Like I said if they were the track would be full of them.

but let's just make a simple assumption.. do wrekd's tires scream mx to you? apples to oranges. dustin wimmer would beat you on a stock 300ex.. again, apples to oranges. now please, stop. back to the thread. :macho

slightlybent47
11-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Yeah agreed, if he likes the raptor over his old ex then that’s fine with me. The bike may fit him better and he may do better on it. Too each his own.

coryatver
11-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Flip your front rims around!! I would take a 400ex over a raptor any day.

TRXRacer1
11-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
Flip your front rims around!! I would take a 400ex over a raptor any day. I used to think that too but after some time on a new 700 I have no problem saying they're damn nice machines. Honda's sad IRS 700 would completely flop if the Yami made the Rappy in IRS. They made some seriously needed adjustments when they went from the 660 platform the 700. Credit is due...

hondaracer_34
11-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Haha some guys just dont stop do they. Nice raptor bro, atleast your not giving up on riding. Hope the new to you quad treats ya good.

Red400EXGuy
11-08-2009, 08:04 PM
i am a hardcore honda guy but that is a pretty nice raptor...btw did you take the tires off your 400 when you sold it and put them on the raptor that you got bc is it just me or do those tires look the same lol

wrekd
11-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the compliments guys!!

And to the haters, come on down to MY neck of the woods and we'll see who comes out on top ;)

Im not biased towards any brand whatsoever. I buy what I like. The 700 has everything I want. Fuel Injected, liquid cooled, reverse, fully adjustable suspension, and power like no other. This things like riding a Harley. Long gears and torquey as all hell. And with the mods it has, it still rips on top end. Its real good on gas too. I don't have to beat the hell out of it to keep up with my friends no more like I did with my 400.

And for what I paid for it,,I had about the same amount of money into my 400. Plus I would've had to drop another $3500 or more into the EX suspension and motor wise just to get it to where the Raptor is now.

Sad thing is, I could go on and on, but some people still won't get it.

wrekd
11-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Red400EXGuy
i am a hardcore honda guy but that is a pretty nice raptor...btw did you take the tires off your 400 when you sold it and put them on the raptor that you got bc is it just me or do those tires look the same lol

Thanks!!

Yeah the tires are from the 400. The Raptor had the same exact tires on it but they were about 1/2 the tread. So I swapped em out before I sold the 400.