PDA

View Full Version : Desperate Dad seeking help for my son's 2007 Honda TRX90EX

joker11
11-07-2009, 07:44 PM
Hey guys,

Well, due to my own fault, we left the Hondas sitting in the toyhauler all summer and the fuel went bad in the tanks and carbs.

I took the carb completely apart. Carefully. I made note of where everything went and how. I dipped the proper parts in carb cleaner for 30minutes. I rinsed and blew it out with compressed air. All the jets and orifices looked clear, clean and looked great. The needle was perfect again.

So I get it back together and it fires right up on the first try. It revs beautifully like when it was brand new.

So the problem is that it will not set at idle. As soon as you let the throttle go it will just idle down and shut off.

I have adjusted the idle screw all the way in and backed it all the way out in increments. No change. Like that screw has no effect at all.

my son is super important to me and not being able to ride it is a heartbreak.

Any ideas??? Thanks.
:D

BSTURDIVANT
11-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Pilot jet still cloged! run a wire (hand wire brush size) through it.

miniquaddad90
11-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Is the slide in correctly with the "cut out" facing the air filter?

joker11
11-11-2009, 10:36 PM
There can't be any clog in that jet. I spent so much time on it I was going crazy.

I have cleaned it all out and soaked the carb. Blew out the passages with compressed air.

My only thought is the actual circuit inside the carb. I can't find anything small enough AND strong enough to push through that tiny little hole.
The carb is drilled from the side and then plugged up with a tiny BB or something. I don't want to go messing with pulling that out and ruining the carb.

Get this, the entire rebuild kit from Honda is 33 bucks. The jet alone is 11bucks. And I can get the entire carb for 100bucks. If you have them rebuild it they charge 90bucks an hour plus parts. How does that make any sense?

The slide is in correctly. I double checked it.

swamp
11-12-2009, 07:08 PM
go to ebay and get a 24mm carb brand new (mikuni) for about 30 bucks.. and it is the pilot part of the carb type in 24 mm carb

oh crap here yea go

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MIKUNI-24MM-CARBURETOR-CRF50-XR-CRF-50-SSR-SDG-PIT-BIKE_W0QQitemZ380158457816QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotor cycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item588335b7d8

its a good carb and it bolts right up

any more questions

joker11
11-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Ok, well, I have TWO of the same bikes the 2007 TRX90EX models.
Both with the same problems.
So today I broke down and bought the entire rebuild kit from the Honda Stealer. I did get a 10% discount for being a Honda Riders Club Member.
And I brought it home. I tore the carb out, pulled the suspect slow jet out, installed the new jet and put it back together. I didn't mess with anything else.
Dang bike started up, no choke, no throttle, just putt, putt, putt, putt.
I had to adjust the idle down a little, but just like a kitten.

YEAH BABY!!!

So I found a way to clean the other jet out so as to not go spend another 30bucks on a whole kit just for a jet. I am saving the kit in a bag so if something ever happens while we are out camping I will have it with me. Now I know how to do it and do it well.

This trick I learned I am going to post in another thread as a tip for others.
Look for it.

I THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE AND INSIGHT!!!!!

Joker