PDA

View Full Version : Setting up the Trailer

born2ride14
11-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Hey there guys, as some of you may know, last year i got a 8.5x20ft enclosed trailer. Since i have gotten it i have been piling a bumch of gear in it. I have learned that these trailers are like a big tool box. Once the tool goes in the tool box, it never comes out. So this winter, i want to redo the inside again. I have decided i want to do a few things which are.

1. Air Conditioner/Lights
2. Freezer Flaps in the rear
3. I would like the front portion to be a living quarters, which would consist of bunkbeds, maybe a shower.

I want to have the front and back separeted by a wall of somewhat. I would like the wall to be retractable so if i have to, i could pull a quad into the fron half, anybody have any idea's?

Also Where do i get the frezer flaps? A link would help

Here is a link that is very similar to what i want, but i want the partition retactable or something, big enough where i can get a quad through.
http://orlando.craigslist.org/rvs/1419558684.html

Thanx in advance

quad2xtreme
11-07-2009, 05:49 PM
got to Sears and get the plastic type dresser. They are 3 doors high and run about $70 each. They are great for keeping your riding clothes in the trailer at all times so you never forget anything.

I used 1/2 copper pipe across the width as high as I could mount it. Before mounting though, put a regular drape from Walmart on the rod. This will allow you to pull it across as necessary to create a lightweight wall. You can go with a lined one if you want to block all light from going through it.

I don't sleep in mine but I don't think you would have an issue with the smell of gas unless your quads leak.

quad2xtreme
11-07-2009, 05:51 PM
BTW, I mounted the 1/2" copper tubing but drilling the appropriate sized hole through a block of wood. I mounted the 1st block of wood then put the copper pipe through the hole. Then, you slide the other piece of wood over the copper pipe and then mount it. It locks the copper tube in place so it can't come out.

born2ride14
11-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Well,what you are talking about is basically a shower curtain. I need an actual wall. What is everybody elses trailers looking like, POST Some PICS

born2ride14
11-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Also Where is everyone getting the freezer flaps for the rear door?

cosinostra
11-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by born2ride14
Also Where is everyone getting the freezer flaps for the rear door?

pitpal has them.... http://www.pitpal.com/catalog/Vinyl_Strip_Doors-54-1.html

slightlybent47
11-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Try Granger for the flaps. Pull the paneling out and insulate before you start. It helps knock the sound down and keep it cool.

3400ben
11-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Have you thought of a heavy cloth or canves (like outfitters wall tent) and velcro. You could get a zippered door cut in a piece of heavy canves and velcro or clip it on all four sides. The velcro would seal better than the shower curtain. The canves Would help with smell and heat or cold. A good canves is just as good as a wood wall. Good luck imo