PDA

View Full Version : FXR's

musky
11-07-2009, 04:23 PM
I spoke with Ron Early today and it wasnt good news. He didnt have much good to say about these engines. Ron told me that they did race the 125 & when it ran it was fast, but didnt have any luck with it holding up. He then bought a 150 engine & had the same problems.He also has a Pitster pitbike that the motor blew up. Thats when he decided to move Ryan up to the schoolboy class & get away from the minis.

He did say that Ryan loved the suspension & handling of the quad. I hated to hear this but I'm glad that I called him. I'ts a shame that Pitster wont back these motors for more than 30 days.

greenmachine70
11-07-2009, 09:31 PM
wow:(

chawness
11-18-2009, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by musky
... move Ryan up to the schoolboy class & get away from the minis

AMEN TO THAT BROTHER! Every dang one of these small quads is nothing but a pain in the *****

Ride1Rob
11-18-2009, 08:13 AM
That's not gonna stop with the Blasters, Raptors, or 450's when you MX them!

chawness
11-18-2009, 08:48 AM
True, but its not anywhere near as bad as the small quads.

greenmachine70
11-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
That's not gonna stop with the Blasters, Raptors, or 450's when you MX them!
you havent owned a cvt mini. It isnt just the engine, but the clutch, variator, rollers, belts....etc
Lucky for me & you our kids never come down on the gas or the list would include trannys.

Ride1Rob
11-18-2009, 07:36 PM
I haven't had any real problems with the motor Jams running now other than his 3rd gear shift fork wearing prematurely about 5 months ago. I ordered a duplicate motor and rebuilt the other for a backup. I'm in the process of making a race motor of it to give it alil more umph off the line. The stock duplicate motor hasn't missed a beat in those 5 months and I'll see how much abuse it took during the offseason rebuild. I did see a small crack in his swinger and was pretty much expecting it after running DC. I'm sure after Dusty works his magic on it as well as a couple other small things we'll be bulletproof for next season.

greenmachine70
11-19-2009, 05:18 AM
that track last weekend was definitely not made with mini quads in mind.

lem dad
11-19-2009, 06:32 PM
It does not matter 2 stroke 4 stroke cvt or shifter All mini quads are money pits Bikes are a lot less on the wallet

Rowlands Motorsports
Dylan 03
2009 Fly Mx Champ 90cc
2008 AMS Arena Cross Champ 70cc

greenmachine70
11-21-2009, 11:02 AM
I wish there was some new info from Pitster on these quads.
Would like to see some MX results versus DRR & Apex on a track.
C'mon Pitster.......

Pitster
12-08-2009, 04:37 PM
FYI the issues the guys had were on a pre production sample and first 12units produced. The final production run models have been updated with a stronger clutch, swingarm and internal gears, hence the long delay in bringing them to the market.
We are confident you would be very impressed with the production models. Over 200 have been sold to date over seas and having great success in the racing and market.

Yes several aftermarket company's are building things for them now, including bumpers, nerf bars, skid plates, a-arms etc. we also have a complete list of aftermarket motor hop ups including big bore kits, hi comp pistons and high flow heads to name a few.
We expect to have them fully available in the USA market in the next few weeks, and are now just waiting on the final approval from the CSPA. Thanks please email me at contact@pitsterpro.com or call 801.796.7416 if you have any other questions,
You can also check out the full reviews in the Dirt Wheels magazine and ATV riders!

Coen is riding for us again in 2010!!

musky
12-08-2009, 08:16 PM
I hope that you did get all of the bugs worked out of them. But i still say for that kind of money they should be backed for more than 30 days. I also thought the delay was due to a regulation deal.

Ride1Rob
12-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Are there any comparisons to other mini's? I don't think this thing will compete with built Raptors as that's what they were comparing it against in the writeup. I did read a writup on the FXR125 where a Cobra rider tested it and said he was impressed by the bikes performance.

Pitster
12-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by musky
I hope that you did get all of the bugs worked out of them. But i still say for that kind of money they should be backed for more than 30 days. I also thought the delay was due to a regulation deal.

It is a race machine, do you get a longer warrantee with a Honda CRF 450 and they are almost 8k!!? No because they are race machines.
However we have also been know to help our customers LONG after the warrantee has expired.

Pitster
12-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
Are there any comparisons to other mini's? I don't think this thing will compete with built Raptors as that's what they were comparing it against in the writeup. I did read a writup on the FXR125 where a Cobra rider tested it and said he was impressed by the bikes performance.

To be honest they are not meant to go against a raptor 300 (although with the right rider and a mod motor they could), I talk to dirt wheels and basically they placed it next to the raptor to show the size as a comparison.

greenmachine70
12-09-2009, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by Pitster
It is a race machine, do you get a longer warrantee with a Honda CRF 450 and they are almost 8k!!? No because they are race machines.
However we have also been know to help our customers LONG after the warrantee has expired.
well you do get a 1 yr warranty on a drr but zero warranty on an apex.
I have to wonder though if racing a drr voids the warranty, it only makes sence.
We have a killer place to ride here in Florida called the Florida ATV Motoplex.
Maybe Pitster could bring a couple quads and we could bring the kids and supply a great location. It would be a great video for promotion as a mini racer here in the south.
We could also bring our apexs' and drr's for comparison. I beleive this could be set up as I know the owner pretty well and so do some of your Florida dealers.
The park also has miles of cross country gncc type trails all one way.
I want one of these, but obviousley have to see it in person first.

Ride1Rob
12-09-2009, 05:59 AM
Steve, I was wrong about Yamaha. They give a 6 month warranty. I can say that Pitster has helped their customers with problems in the past as well if something goes wrong.