PDA

View Full Version : Adly ???? Questions.... Need Parts....

fastrnrik
11-07-2009, 02:48 PM
I recently picked up this quad for my son. It's an Adly. The guy I got it from told me that Adly is (or was) the manufacturer for Polaris mini's, and several others. The paperwork for the quad says Adly and Kasea, so I'm assuming they are the same? It's an older, single a arm quad. The motor says Her Chee on the side by the kick starter. Anyone know anything about these, or have any info? It has KoolKids a arms on it, and the guy I bought the quad from said they had some good info on the quad, but I've yet to call them.

Anyway, it was a good deal and it's a nice, well set up little quad, and it freakin rips!. The guy I got it from had set it up for racing, but his kid outgrew it. I just stripped it down to powdercoat the frame and give it a little makeover. Got some new DRR plastics for it, new bumper, stuff like that.

My first question is regarding shocks. Where can I find some 9 3/4" shocks? Most shocks I find on ebay or here are around 12" long? All three shocks are the same length- 9 3/4". It had some sort of aftermarket or non-original piggyback resi shocks on the front, and when I took it apart one fell completely apart. I was looking around for some used Elka's or Works- something I can have set up for him. Or maybe some other brands take offs? Any ideas? "Brand New" shocks definately aren't in the budget. LOL
Next, what about these drum brakes? It has front and rear drum brakes. Can they be changed? Another brands discs fit, etc? The drum brakes work fine, but.... they're drum brakes! haha

Thanks for any info!

greenmachine70
11-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Just an FYI, Ocala Mower And Cycle has a few of these they are selling for dealer cost to get them off their floor plan. The quad you bought is the original DRR from 2002-2004/05. I own one right now and owned a 2002 for 5 years and never a problem. They are bullet proof. get some shocks for the kasea and they will work, also the AC bumpers that fit kasea will work on it as well.
Is this Brady?

greenmachine70
11-07-2009, 09:37 PM
oh yeah as for oem parts they can get them from a distributor called dixie sales who distributes the adley/herchee

fastrnrik
11-08-2009, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by greenmachine70
Just an FYI, Ocala Mower And Cycle has a few of these they are selling for dealer cost to get them off their floor plan. The quad you bought is the original DRR from 2002-2004/05. I own one right now and owned a 2002 for 5 years and never a problem. They are bullet proof. get some shocks for the kasea and they will work, also the AC bumpers that fit kasea will work on it as well.
Is this Brady?

Yes this is Brady.
I saw Adly's up at Ocala Mower. I didn't pay much attention to them though, as I thought the ones I saw were 4 strokes. I'll go back and check them out. That's cool that they can get parts. I have a parts manual so that's good.
I'm on the lookout for some good aftermarket shocks.

kylie'spitcrew
11-08-2009, 05:09 PM
fastrnrik, I sent you a pm about shocks.
Thanks Joe

fastrnrik
11-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by kylie'spitcrew
fastrnrik, I sent you a pm about shocks.
Thanks Joe

PM sent back. Thanks!

greenmachine70
11-09-2009, 05:37 AM
I met you at the motoples, my son was o the blask drr90. Bryan is the owner, they had taken some to their storage because they couldnt sell them. I know they are trying to sell them pretty cheap. My cousin was gonna buy 2-50's.

fastrnrik
11-09-2009, 05:44 AM
Yeah I remember. I had fun up there. My son enjoyed the halloween stuff. Paul does a great job with the Motoplex.
The little yellow & red bike my son was riding is the Adly. We started putting it back together and I see the DRR plastics and some mounts are going to have to be changed. No biggie. I found some shocks too, so he should be ready to go in no time.

I'll go by Ocala Mower and talk to them some time this week. I don't really want another one but if they're THAT cheap...... hahaha

quadnana7
11-09-2009, 05:54 AM
Have a complete Kasea rolling chassis and more parts.
What parts are you looking for?